Deco interferes with my thermostat

2024-07-25 06:43:24
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm extremely happy with the upgrade to my wifi the deco XE75 units offered in my new home. However as soon as I installed them the wireless thermostat failed to connect to the boiler. After some research I figured out the wireless thermostat uses Zigbee to communicate to the boiler, which is also on the 2.4GHz frequency band. So it seems the wifi now drowns out the Zigbee signal. After turning off the Deco units the thermostat indeed manages to restore the connection.

What are my options here? Is there a way to put the Deco units on a different channel? It doesn't look like I have any control on the thermostat side.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco interferes with my thermostat
2024-07-26 09:58:11

@beefq 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

What is the current 2.4Ghz channel on the Deco XE75?

---You could run "Network Optimization" once to find the current 2.4GHz channel.

Have you tried to disable the 2.4GHz wireless band under main Network to see whether the wireless thermostat could connect to the boiler?

Currently, Deco doesn't support customizing the wireless channels yet.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco interferes with my thermostat
2024-07-26 18:41:21

@David-TP 

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply.

My tests: 

• Running network optimization always defaults to channel 3 and has no effect.
  • Switching of 2.4Ghz let's the thermostat restore connection. Although it only goes from a self-reported 0% signal strength to about 20%. Which is the same as before installing the deco devices. (It is a pretty bad thermostat that I plan to replace in the mid term anyway)

I think allowing to set the channel manually would solve the issue. From your answer I gather it is a planned feature. Is there any outlook on when this would be?

Thanks,

Options