Deco x73-dsl internet drop out

2024-07-28 10:08:28 - last edited 2024-08-08 09:44:13
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello I have been having alot of issues the past few days where my internet will drop out. I ran various tests through my ISP and always come back fine the only way to restore the connection is doing a port reset through my ISP. I've only had this device for a month or so and was previously using the Deco x20-dsl and never had any issues. I've done a device reset a few times and it running the latest firmware. Any help would be grateful. I don't know if it's the device or my ISP but dint have this issues when I was using the old device.

Also just a side note when I have lost internet ( tried loading web pages on various devices) and log into the Deco app it says that everything is fine and I haven't lost internet also where it shows the download and upload speed it's just -- . 

Matt

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco x73-dsl internet drop out
2024-07-29 22:00:45

Hello , just an update. I have stopped using me X73-dsl because it was dropping DSL connection every 3-4 hours. The only way to restore it was to log into my ISP account and do a port reset or reboot the X73-dsl device and that would only be a temporary fix. sad

I have gone back to using my old X20-DSL and haven't lost DSL connection once.

Options
2024-07-30 06:56:08

@Justmatt 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Could you please also help me check the following details:

1. How about the LED status on the Deco X73-DSL when the internet dropped out? Did it turn red?

- Can I also have a screenshot of the DSL status when the internet dropped out, such as:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3383/

2. May I know who is your internet service provider?

And here are some suggestions for your reference:

1.Try to enable SRA (Go to APP>>More>>Advanced>>DSL Settings>>DSL status>>enable SRA).

2. Please check the IPV4 DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 per How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-07-31 04:08:44
Hello i have reconnected the X73-DSL and now that i need it to disconnect it doesn't want to so i don't know. Just a couple things from your reply 1. i had the LED lights off so i wouldn't know if it was red or not sorry. 2.SRA was and still is turned on i never touch it so i guess it was on by default. 3. I can't seem to change the IPV4 DNS server when i go to it through the my deco app and select it nothing happens it seems to only lets me change the IPV6 one. 4. I use Leaptel internet (Australia) when i set up the modem all the dsl settings are just auto detect. Like i mentioned at the start so far since reconnecting it , it hasnt lost connection like it was so i guess this reply might be a bit pointless. Also i never mentioned it was updated a week or so ago to firmware 1.0.12 Build 20240517 Rel. 64015 when i went to look it up on tp-link it only lists firmware upto 1.0.11 Kind Regards Matt
Options
2024-08-02 21:33:40 - last edited 2024-08-03 02:02:30

@David-TP 

Hello so after a few days of the X73-dsl being connected it has now started dropping out again. The light does remain green I've also done a speedtest during the dropouts and it's like 0.50Mbps . I reboot the modem and it's all fine and for a few hours.

EDIT: I rung my ISP and they said it looks like an NBN issue and the line showing fluctuations or something and not a hardware issue. Apologies feel free to close or delete this thread.

Kind regards Matt

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 4

Related Articles