Issue connecting TP-Link Deco X60 to my TP-Link Archer X58 router

2024-07-31 11:34:08
Model: Archer AX58   Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20240123 rel.24345

Hi everyone,

I need some assistance with connecting TP-Link Deco X60 to my TP-Link Archer X58 router.

I have recently acquired an Archer AX58 to replace the company provided router (TP-Link EX230v) and i want to use the X60 (set of 3) to provide WiFi to my house.

The configuration i have is:

- One TP-Link Archer AX58(v2) as main router connected to the ONT with Mesh disabled and only working in 2.4GHz band. Now i have the EX230v with the same configuration and it is working fine.

- Three TP-Link Deco X60 directly connected to the router (1G LAN) acting as Access Point with its own WiFi mesh (different SSID from the router)

The issue i have is that when i connect to the Router WiFi all seems to work fine (not deep testing), but when i connect to the Deco WiFi, there are a lot of delays, connection interruptions and packet loss (ping to other LAN devices loses 25% aprox) even when connecting to some wired Linux devices.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Issue connecting TP-Link Deco X60 to my TP-Link Archer X58 router
2024-08-01 06:24:05

@IndyCanarito 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Maybe the performance of Deco X60 was influenced a lot by the physical environment and wireless interference.

As Deco itself work as wireless router with advanced features under router mode, and support mesh, for your situation, why not connect one Deco X60 to your ONT directly? You can set it as main Deco. For another two Deco units, you can add connect them to the main Deco wirelessly or via Ethernet cable. Then you may enjoy the fluent mesh network. That is the way we more recommend.

Options
2024-08-01 08:00:30

@Marvin_S 

Hi Marvin, thanks for your answer.

I cannot put the X60 connected directly to the ONT because it does not fit in the space where the ONT is, only flat devices can fit into the box where the ONT is located. What I did is just changing the old router (EX230v) by the new one (Archer X58) without touching at all the X60 configuration or other network devices.

Another point to do it in this way is that I need to have a non mesh network at home because some devices does not support mesh networks like Wallbox that I connect directly to the router WiFi. In the AX58 router I have deactivated mesh functionality and 5GHz band, so just 2.4G standard WiFi, so no interference in 5G band.

The testing was executed close to the main X60 (less than 1 meter) and far from the X58 (different floor and some walls in the middle). As the X60 is wired directly to the router (1Gb) the performance should be better, as the WiFi signal is much stronger.

I will try to create an schema to simplify understanding

Options
2024-08-01 09:28:18

Attached the network diagram i have at home

- X60 in Access Point mode working in both bands

- X58 Router with mesh disabled and only working in 2.4G band

Options
2024-08-06 07:20:15
Finally i returned the AX58 as i am no able to make it to work properly
Options
2024-08-06 10:12:27

@IndyCanarito 

Hi, so sorry to reply to you late.

It is a pity to hear that you returned the router.crying

According to your network topology, if you remove 3 Decos and switch and connect your wired/wireless devices to Archer AX58, the performance is good, the issue may be from Deco X60.  It is also suggested to start a new thread on Deco community.                                   

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 187

Replies: 5

Related Articles