AXE75 / AXE5400 IPv6 Firewall doesn't work

2024-08-09 08:29:02
Model: Archer AXE5400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20240607 rel.74966(4555)

Hi,

I'm trying to run a server on one of my clients, however it appears the IPv6 firewall settings do not work (this was noted in another thread with no apparent resolution).

I've tried using both the machine's static and privacy IPs, I believe I've ruled out all possible firewall issues on the host system, I'm 99% certain the server is configured properly. Using the same configuration on a friend's system (they have a different router) without issue.

Options
15 Reply
Re:AXE75 / AXE5400 IPv6 Firewall doesn't work
2024-08-12 07:54:47

@Macka_ 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

We will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Options
2024-08-18 15:02:36 - last edited 2024-08-18 15:03:16

@Marvin_S 

Hi, I am having the same issue. I am trying to access a server hosted on my local network. Could I please also get invited to this email feed to be informed about possible solutions?

Options
3 weeks ago

@Pancake__ 

Hi, can you share the details information about your situation referring to the sharing from above?

Then we would like to help!

Options
3 weeks ago

@Marvin_S 

Hi, I am having the same exact situation(same router, same firmware) and the configuration looks exactly like in the post. I also want add some firewall rules for devices to be accessible from the internet. I already tried adding rules but that did not work. I already verified that I can successfully ping the router, but the packets get stuck there. What kind of other information do you need? 

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Pancake__ 

Hi, so your device is also Archer AXE75 V1 with the latest firmware version? And the IPv6 settings and IPv6 firewall rules settings are totally the same as above? Could you share your own one?

If so, we may need to confirm some information to understand your situation better.
1. Please share your network topology.
2. Did you set up IPv6 firewall rules on which device For which software? If it is a PC, please go to Command Prompt, put in "cmd" and check the IP address using ipconfig /all.
Then please go to test-ipv6.com to check whether you got a normal IPv6 IP address on the computer. 

Thanks for your cooperation~

Options
3 weeks ago

@Marvin_S 

Network Topology: The computer with the IPv6 rule of the firewall is connected to a switch connected to the router.

NOTE that the configured port is just one example of what I tried. None of them get through according to my tests.

The computer is connected using this ethernet port and the local Windows firewall is disabled.

I have already run a traceroute from another computer in a different network to this ip, according to my tests it gets stuck at the router.

If you need some further information please let me know.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Pancake__ 

Hi, Thanks for your waiting~

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S 

Hi Marvin_S,

I have the same problem, can you help to resolve this issue?

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Huang_Kevin 

I had a troubleshooting session with one of the engineers 2 nights ago, they managed to get it working. They are going to try to replicate the issue on their end and will hopefully release a firmware update in the near future

Options
a week ago

@Huang_Kevin 

Hi,may I confirm your issue is totally same as above?

Welcome to share more then we can better provide further suggestions~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 15

Related Articles