Pre-release Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 1.3.3 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

Pre-release Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 1.3.3 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

2024-08-09 11:30:43 - last edited Wednesday
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.3

This Article Applies to:

Archer AX55 V1/1.6

We are pleased to announce the pre-release of the Archer AX55 firmware update, version V1.3.3. This update introduces a range of new features, optimizations, and enhancements designed to improve your network experience and add new capabilities. Here's an overview of the key updates:

New Features:

1. EasyMesh R2 AP Bind and Client Bind:

Simplified network management with the ability to bind specific clients to designated access points.

2. EasyMesh R2 CAC Functionality:

Improved channel access control for better network stability and performance.

3. Support One-click setup for Third-Party VPN Support:

Support third-party VPNs directly through the Tether app for enhanced ease of use. Currently we support Nord and Surfshark.
For more detail better check this link: Get a top-class VPN! | TP-Link

4. Support exception clients and whitelists websites in web protection

5. Support simple configuration of HomeShield through the web UI.

6. Tether - WAN Real-Time Rate Display:
     Tether - Signal Strength Display in Client List: 

Monitor WAN connection speeds in real-time through the Tether app. View signal strength information for connected clients directly in the Tether app.

7. Satellite Web - HTTPS Configuration:

Secure your satellite web interface with newly added HTTPS configuration options.

Firmware Download

Before the Upgrade

(1) Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before upgrading the Pre-release firmware!
(2) For the sake of insurance, it's always recommended to save a copy of the router Backup Config file before upgrading or downgrading.
(3) You may follow the guide to upgrade the firmware of your router. How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers.

Direct Firmware Download Link

ArcherAX55V1_240628 

Additional Information

As always, we value your feedback. If somehow you encounter an issue during or after the router firmware upgrade, it's suggested to comment below with the following info. Your input helps us continue to improve and provide the best possible products and support.
•  Model, hardware version, and firmware version of your router.
•  Detailed issue description, and provide more information on the specific conditions that seem to trigger the problem.

Update Log 

August 9th, 2024:

Release of the post

Related Article:

EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller

New Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 Supports DoH&DoT, ECO Mode, EasyMesh in AP Mode and More

Options
38 Reply
Re:Pre-release Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 1.3.3 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations
2024-08-10 19:28:59 - last edited 2024-08-10 19:29:32

@Marvin_S 

From a previous post of mine, I know the UK V1 AX55 can use the TW/CA firmware but please could the UK version of the website be updated with the latest firmware? Currently, it's still showing the latest version V1_1.2.3. This is now quite out of date. I have been using V1_240129 TW version for a long time without issue and now have applied V1_1.3.3 TW firmware manually (as checking for firmware updates in the web interface showed it as "up to date").

Options
Re:Pre-release Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 1.3.3 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations
2024-08-13 02:07:53

@ManicDefender 

Hi, please do not worry.

If the 1.3.3 version is good, it will be released officially then you can check it on your local website.

Options
2024-08-13 11:00:41

When will the owners of top models like AX80 expect an equally interesting expansion of functionality?

Options
2024-08-13 15:41:23

It would be possible to enable the Guest Network in Satellites?

Options
2024-08-15 08:14:36 - last edited 2024-08-15 08:30:37

@Marvin_S 

The last official firmware update for the stable version of the TP-Link Archer AX55 ver.1.0 router was on December 26, 2023, according to the Polish TP-Link website. This is concerning because such old firmware likely has unpatched vulnerabilities. Almost 8 months have passed. I understand adding new features, but I believe that patching security vulnerabilities should be the top priority. When will the premiere version of the firmware be released? Because I don't know whether to update to the pre-release version or wait a while? Sorry for my poor English—I am using Google Translate.

Options
2024-08-16 10:19:18

@STN 

Hi, sorry. Our developers only provided the pre-release version for Archer AX55 V1/1.6 at the moment.

We will publish here in the community if there is beta or pre-release software for other models~

Options
2024-08-16 10:29:01

@Macrox 

Hi, sorry.  I don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to the model, or when it might.

You may start a vote here, then we will record your feedback and deliver it to the related team. Thank you~

Options
2024-08-16 10:34:20

@pkonrad1996 

Hi, it is ok. I can understand what you mean. Whether you have problem using this router or not, it is suggested to test this 1.3.3 version. Then welcome to feedback us if any problem happens on the router. If no obvious bug or security vulnerabilities, I believe the official firmware will be released based on this.

Options
2024-08-17 06:46:26

@Marvin_S 

I will install today the Pre-release Firmware and i will give feedback how its work next week :)

Options
2024-08-17 19:29:55

@Marvin_S 

when can we expect to see this function on AX73 V2 as well ? that is, AX55 is below the level of AX73?, that is, how do the people from tp link think when they come up with something new?

Options