Pre-release Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 1.3.3 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

Pre-release Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 1.3.3 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

40 Reply
Re:Pre-release Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 1.3.3 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations
a week ago

@AdiP79 

I'm not in any way related to the company "TP-Link" - I'm just another end user - so my posts are not "official".

BUT if you visit the Polish support section:

https://www.tp-link.com/pl/support/download/archer-ax55/v1/#Firmware

and try to download the official Polish firmware images - you will get standard EU versions (pretty outdated - but never the less).

I have tried to binary compare various unzipped firmware images from TW/EU/CA and they are all identical. This means you should be able to use the 1.3.3 pre-release since it does not differ from the EU version nor the CA or TW versions.

I hope this helps and please inform us about the Satellite client issue mentioned above (Master AP cannot see Satellite clients when running in Ethernet Backhaul mode)

Thanks

zEnterHacker

Options
Re:Pre-release Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 1.3.3 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations
a week ago

@AdiP79  Nailed it !!!

Nice discovery,

Thanks

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@zEnterHacker 

Hi, thanks for sharing problem here.

I have reported your feedback to the senior engineering team. They will take further research. And I will be back once there is any update.

Options
a week ago

@Czmazel 

Hi, thanks for your update~

It's ok, may I confirm what is "CBs" you mentioned?

Options
a week ago

@AdiP79 

Yes, welcome to try 1.3.3~

Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S 

Circuit Breaker

Options
a week ago

@Czmazel 

Ohh, thanks for your sharing~

Options
Saturday

@Marvin_S 

Dear Marvin, thank you for spending hours on firmware that brings new issues instead of solving existing ones. I bought Archer AX55 Pro a month ago hoping to get powerful hardware with latest tested features including more reserved IP's than Archer VR2100 I had in that days.

Yes, my wish related to more reserved IPs was fulfilled but since installation I'm thinking if I'd spent my money good way.

Internet connection via GPON so RJ45 but I was not able to make it working when set dynamic IP address for internet as it is defined by provider. After hours of fails I gave up and set static IP by the same values as gived by DHCP. Miracle happened, internet started working. I tried once or more times to switch to dynamic IP as required by provider but internet got lost until I changed back to static IP. Horrible. It was smoothly working using Archer VR2100.

Old Archer VR2100 also allows to save syslog to remote server based on filled IP and details. Very useful, saved to my Synology all logs to can check in one place what happened. I haven't found this option for Archer AX55 Pro in router's web administration, nor in Tether app. Why it was removed? Was it soooo boring or complicating to keep it? The same for security log. Is there something that must not be analysed outside Archer?

And another weird difference - old Archer allows to import own certificate that will be used for remote access to router. I haven't found this option for Archer AX55 Pro that's why appears warning about missing certificate - annoying, especially when I have certificate but have no way how to punch it into Archer AX55 Pro. And the cherry on top of the cake is that I cannot uncheck HTTPS protocol to be used for remote access, it's mandatory to be allowed. If Franz Kafka would live, he will be flapping and laughing how good students in tp-link he has.

Facing these annoying details is inconsistency in rules for naming connected DHCP clients between Tether app and web administration quite not surprising.

Yes, I bought Archer AX55 Pro also due Tether app as I was missing such easy going remote access to my home LAN when I'm far away. Childish, I agree. If I'd count also nearly one year promised and never fulfilled correction of firmware of tapo cams, maybe this is the right time to request money back from seller, learn to make working linux replacements like pi-hole @ rpi5 and say goodbye! to tp-link.

Have a nice day.

O.

Options
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@OliKockova 

I have experienced something like that (DHCP for WAN port) - but on a standard AX55 (not identical with your Pro version).

I fixed it by keying in DNS server (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 if you are a fan of google ;-) . I could not key in DNS servers for the WAN connection in DHCP mode, so I turned ON the internal DHCP server (for WiFi clients) and put in valid DNS servers there, saved the setting and afterwards turned my DHCP server back to "Auto" and my WAN connection into the ISP provider required DHCP mode - this way valid DNS servers showed up there and will be used by the AX55 to ping various known URLs and hence showing "good" internet Icon.

I have to be honest here. I have not re-checked this problem on later firmwares and I'm not sure you can compare firmware for AX55 with AX55 Pro - but you could give it a shot - it did work for me. Also my AX55's are not directly connected to any ISP since they are behind a hardware firewall taking care of protecting the entire network and acting as DHCP server for all clients - so my AX55 are all in access point mode.

Btw. Saving syslog to local server or or e-mailing can be done in the AX55 via WEB GUI "Advanced | System | Syslog" - OK I had to zoom out to 90% for the relevant buttons to appear - don't know why that scroll-bar was missing :-)

Best regards

zEnterHacker

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

On a sidenote, is it by any chance possible to get some more performance out of the USB3 port on this gear? Granted not looking forward to 5gbps levels per USB3 spec, but I'd be happy with at least doubling the existing 30MB/sec (240mbps) I get out of this which is on par with the USB2 spec. Surely there's some headroom there; I mean otherwise you'd probably just stick with a normal USB2 connector, right? right? ;)

Now serving finite customer via f(x)=AirTime/∞ on the 5Ghz band :-/
Options