Deco X50 Poe red lights daily

2024-08-12 01:46:47 - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.04 Build 20231225 rel. 54181

Having a problem with the x50 poe (3 units in ap mode) tplink poe switch (sg-105pe) and a tplink dsl router VX220-g2v

about once or twice a day i get red lights on all 3 decos even though the router is still connected to the internet stable.

router is using DSL and connected to the switch with the supplied grey ethernet cable from the deco box and the decos are connected with cat6 that i ran in the roof

Any ideas anyone? ive tried changing the main deco but still keeps happening

is there any possibillity of a dhcp clash in ap mode with the main router?

other than this issue everything seems to be fine, when i reboot the main deco it seems to come good or if i leave it for 5 min it does eventually heal itself

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco X50 Poe red lights daily-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@benjamin24 

Found the issue to be a setting on the modem/router.

last week i factory reset the modem and entered in all the isp details again and now ive had trouble free mesh technology since! smileyyes

Completely unsure which setting it was but obviously it was some sort of connection issue to the internet.

Im using the DHCP server on the modem/router and the mesh is configured in ap mode with smart DHCP enabled.

Modem to internet is ADSL2 atm (waiting for fibre upgrade) using standart RJ12 cable then Cat 6 from the first Ethernet port to the tplink 4 port poe switch and then i have 3 Cat6 cables that i ran through the roof straight back to the router using 1 poe port each (standard star connection)

almost a week now of trouble free internet *fingers crossed* !!!

Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Deco X50 Poe red lights daily
2024-08-12 07:33:24

@бенджамин24 

Hello. I have the same problem. 2 X50-PoE connected to TP-link TL-SG1008P switch. Internet speed is normal, but quite often both X50-PoE reboot. How to solve the problem?

Options
2024-08-13 07:49:12

@benjamin24 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Do you use TL-Sg105PE to power up all three Deco X50-POE units? Are there any other POE devices connected to the switch?

I'd like to follow up on your case via email and ask for the senior engineer for more advice.

Please check whether you could receive my email.

By the way, please also help me submit the system logs from the web interface.

How to log into the web-based interface of my Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-08-13 07:53:21

@CIIayHeHoK 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Apart from the two Deco X50-POEs, do you have other POE devices connected to TL-SG1008P?

Compared with the original feedback, your case is more like the Deco couldn't get enough power to boot up.

How often would the Deco X50-POE usually reboot itself?

How about its LED status during the auto-reboot process?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-08-13 08:05:43 - last edited 2024-08-14 05:08:17

@David-TP 

Hi David thanks for the reply actually today I've had the decos resetting about every 10 min or so going solid red then 2 or so min later going green. I've changed the sg105pe auto poe recovery to enable and that has not fixed the problem also I've changed at seperate times the dhcp to disable on the sg105pe and also the vx220 but still the problem remains, then I thought it may be a power issue so I disconnected one of the decos and still the problem keeps happening

*EDIT* to answer your question - yes i have the sg105pe running all 3 deco's and no other devices are connected

Options
2024-08-13 08:25:47

@David-TP 

Reboots 4-5 times per hour. TP-link TL-SG1008P switch. Connected via CAT6 cable -2 X50-PoE + IP PoE CCTV camera https://aliexpress ru/item/1005004881016677.html. But the problem occurred before installing the camera. The camera does not fail. Both X50-PoE lights up red at once and after ~ 2 minutes lights up green and the connection is restored. In the DECO application, during the initial setup, it showed a wired connection, but at some point it became wireless. And so it remained. All the latest updates are installed. The equipment is new and gives unstable operation out of the box. What to do? Judging by the forum, I am not the only one with this problem.

Options
2024-08-13 08:33:00

@CIIayHeHoK 

Unfortunately i feel like i have the same problem straight out of the box, red lights daily and constantly. all TPlink gear so i would have thought 100% compatibillity 

Options
2024-08-16 07:37:56

@benjamin24 @David-TP 

Hello. It seems I found the reason. First, I swapped the Primary and Secondary X50-PoE and only the secondary one started rebooting, I realized that the problem was in it. I decided to change the cable from the socket to the X50-PoE, it seems to not reboot and now the application shows a connection via a wire, and not via Wi-Fi as it showed before. It's strange, but the cable makes calls perfectly and all 8 wires had a clear signal. 2 days of normal flight. I'll observe.

Options
3 weeks ago

@benjamin24 

Hi, Ben, just want to know how is your Deco X50-POE going on and whether you have received my email-#TKID240827386.

Please feel free to give us an update via email and the engineer would love to provide further assistance.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Hi David, I did receive your email, I sent the logs back to you straight away via replying to the email, yep still having trouble after I've reset and swapped the decos and also have only 2 running (trying to see if it was a power issue)

To answer your original question the 3 decos are the only thing plugged into the switch apart from the link to the router there's no other poe devices on there.

The links are showing connected by ethernet.

Still getting red lights daily

Options
2 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Hi David,

I have the same problem. 

Cant send the whole problem, get a a fault with note that i'm including a forbidden link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 423

Replies: 13

Related Articles