Deco XE75 connection issues after firmware upgrade

2024-08-12 21:24:26
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: XE75(EU)_V1_1.4.0 Build 20240418

This morning I did a firmware update to version 1.4.0. since then the 2 satellite devices keep losing connection. Sometimes they are blinking red, but sometimes green as well. When they are green and and look in the Deco app, it seems all is good, however as soon as I select one of the satellites in the app, it goes immediately to offline. 

I had a chat with customer servive and they advised me to downgrade the firmware to the previous version (which I believe is 1.3.2). I tried to do that manually, but as soon as I try to upgrade in the web environment to the 1.3.2 version, I get an error message stating "upgrade failed. Please select the latest version of the firmware to upgrade". I tried to do a factory reset of one of the satellites but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

I saw some other threads of connection issues after firmware update where a downgrade seems.tp have fixed the issue, but in my case that doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 connection issues after firmware upgrade
2024-08-13 03:47:42

@Jeroends 

Hi, welcome to the community.

If you can still produce this issue occasionally, please help me submit the Deco APP log first:

How to submit Deco APP log

When the satellite Deco XE75 turned flashing red or Deco APP reported "Offline", Would the mobile clients still be able to access the internet service?

As for the firmware downgrade from 1.4.0 to 1.3.2, it needs to be implemented via firmware recovery:

How to use firmware recovery on Deco

- Since 1.3.2 firmware bin size is 32.08M, It is over the maximum file size of the firmware recovery utility. So you might need to downgrade to 1.2.9 first via firmware recovery, then update to 1.3.2 via web interface again:Deco XE75_V1_1.2.9 Build 20231222

So if you think the firmware downgrade process is rather complicated,  it would be better to stay on the 1.4.0 and I'd like to forward your case to the senior engineer for further assistance.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-08-13 15:35:37

@David-TP 

Thanks for your reply! I have shared the logs as you asked for, referring to this thread...

To answer your question: whenever the satellites go offline or start blinking red, the mobile clients lose connection. In other words: we currently have no internet or TV in the house so I hope we can resolve this soon.

Should I will wait with trying to install the older version of the firmware until you had a chance to review to log or shall I try this in parallel?

Thanks again!

Options
2024-08-14 09:37:18

@Jeroends 

Hi, Thanks for the APP logs.

You could try to downgrade one satellite Deco XE75 to 1.3.2 via firmware recovery first while we are waiting for the advice from the engineer.

Then temporarily switch this satellite Deco XE75 as the main Deco: How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 221

Replies: 3

Related Articles