Votes

Automatic IR led - ability to disable?

2024-08-15 14:50:23 - last edited 2024-08-22 09:57:31
Model: Tapo C211  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

I have a camera at a window which gives a great view of my garden  during the day but at night the IR led automatically goes on , reflects off the window and then I can't see anything but glare.

I'd like to be able to manually control the built in IR LEDs.

The camera seems to work reasonably well in low light anyway and I can always put an IR light outside if it's too dark.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Automatic IR led - ability to disable?-Solution
2024-08-16 09:39:05 - last edited 2024-08-22 09:57:31

@Joanne32768 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions below to place your camera. We do not recommend placing the camera behind glass/window since the infrared lights may cause reflection when the camera works in the Night mode, resulting in blurry and unclear images.
How to position my TP-Link camera for optimal performance?

On the Tapo app>camera's Live View page, you can set the Video Mode to Day mode, and then the IR light on the camera won't be on even at night.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Automatic IR led - ability to disable?-Solution
2024-08-16 09:39:05 - last edited 2024-08-22 09:57:31

@Joanne32768 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions below to place your camera. We do not recommend placing the camera behind glass/window since the infrared lights may cause reflection when the camera works in the Night mode, resulting in blurry and unclear images.
How to position my TP-Link camera for optimal performance?

On the Tapo app>camera's Live View page, you can set the Video Mode to Day mode, and then the IR light on the camera won't be on even at night.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 138

Replies: 1

Voters 1