Changing Operation Mode with default login

2024-08-17 06:16:10 - last edited 2024-08-20 09:30:45
Model: Archer VR1600v  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We have a Archer VR1600v router used on a TPG network that was is connected using the RJ11 port. Now, I'm trying to use it on an Opticomm network through the WAN port, but the router is not connecting to the internet. 

Everywhere I read that I need to change Operation Mode in Advanced tab to Wireless Router Mode. I tried to find the Operational Mode, but apparently, the router doesn't have it.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Changing Operation Mode with default login
2024-08-20 09:38:17

@Fandomara 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

As Archer VR1600v is a customized model by some ISPs only, we know little about this kind of models.

But there are common suggestion for your reference:

1. Take factory reset before reconfiguration, or after changing ISP.

2. For some special models, the Web UI may say DSL/EWAN under Advanced >> Network. EWAN is the access to set up wireless router.

It is also suggested to contact local support for direct help.

Options
2024-08-23 18:38:03

It is looking like frustrating when the option you need isn't available. Sometimes, updating the firmware or resetting the router to factory and halloween squish settings might reveal hidden features. Have you tried that yet.

Options
2024-08-27 05:45:58

@jenifferjackson Thanks but can you please tell me how to reset to halloween squish settings? I have tried factory reset and also router has been updated to the newest firmware. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 156

Replies: 3

Related Articles