Deco P7 lost internet connection
3 weeks ago
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.10 Build 20230911 Rel. 39844

Hello,

my setup looks like the following:

Internet <-> TP-Link ER605 <-> Buffalo WZR-HP-G450H <-> Deco P7

192.160.0.0/24                                                     192.168.123.0/24

Since a few days my Decos lost the connection to the internet, although nothing should have changed.

The Buffalo router acting as dhcp for the 123 net.

Deco is in Access Point mode.

When the internet connection failed, I looked into the Deco app and saw the message "there is no internet".

But I also saw, that suddenly the Deco had an default ip address of 192.168.68.*

Before it had a fixed reserved ip from the Buffalo router.

I unplugged it and plugged it in again, it started, it got the reserved ip again. Good - I thought, but no - internet connection not available...

So it says, but on every device that is logged in via the Deco can ping some internet sites. So it should work.

Ping is normal, but internet connection is so slow, that one cannot use it.

All devices that are connected via LAN to the Buffalo router have no problems at all. Can also ping the Deco, access the 192.168.0.0 net and access the internet.

So I am clueless... It looks like, there are some wrong routes in the Deco active, that fall back to the normal gateway of the Buffalo.

Factory resets did not change anything (tried it on the Buffalo and Deco).

Firewall not active on the Buffalo.

Since the Deco is in access point mode, i cannot change anything in the app.

Best regard,

Mathias

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P7 lost internet connection
3 weeks ago

@elHiaso 

Hi

It is recommended that you switch to different network cables and network ports;
At the same time, please hold your mobile phone and other devices closer to Deco for testing.

Options