H200 with C420 record only with the alarm armed

2024-08-21 12:01:26 - last edited 3 недель назад
Model: Tapo H200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.3

hi, I configured an h200 as a small alarm.

two cameras on the balconies.

people and movement detection are activated.

created the actions to activate and deactivate the anti-theft device both automatically at a specific time and with the magic button.

I would like to ask if there is a way to enable and disable recording by the cameras only when the anti-theft action is activated and not always.

I could schedule privacy mode in the camera settings but I don't always have the same times to always be able to schedule a precise time and I'm not the only one using the house to be able to use geolocations via the phone.

is there a way?

Thank you

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:H200 with C420 record only with the alarm armed-Solution
2024-08-27 03:31:41 - last edited 3 недель назад

@AndreaGo 

I am just explaining how this camera works. Tapo C420 records detection videos only.

If you don’t need the camera to record continuously, but only need to record motion detection videos, then this model can do it without creating additional automation settings.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:H200 with C420 record only with the alarm armed
2024-08-22 08:40:32

@AndreaGo 

created the actions to activate and deactivate the anti-theft device both automatically at a specific time and with the magic button.

What's the anti-theft device? And what's the automation you created?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-08-22 17:44:10

@Wayne-TP 

hi, I created 3 shortcuts.

one that disables the h200 hub bell ( + action, check device, h200, disable sound, finally added a 20 second delay)

one that triggers the alarm after 20 seconds ( + action, check device, h200, ring, finally added a 20 second delay)

one that deactivates the alarm instead (having first created an automation for the three scenarios, one that detects the presence of people or movement on the two balconies, via the C420 cameras and another the opening of the main door via the H100 sensor I created the shortcut that disables these three actions)

in the button I associated the three shortcuts with three different gestures, double click, single click, anti-clockwise rotation

Options
2024-08-26 07:30:19

@AndreaGo 

To be honest, I still don't quite understand this need. The Tapo C420 is a battery-powered camera that does not offer continuous recording. It only supports detection recording and will remain in sleep mode at other times.

If the sensor's installation location is outside the camera's field of view, the camera will not start recording even if the sensor triggers an alert.

On the other hand, if the sensor is within the camera's field of view, then generally, the movement that triggers the sensors should also trigger the camera's motion detection. In this scenario, if the camera is in privacy mode and only exits privacy when the sensors detect events, the camera will likely miss the event or cannot record the whole movement. 

Options
2024-08-26 07:34:47

@Wayne-TP 

Hi, the problem is not battery life, but it is a question of privacy and stored space

Options
Re:H200 with C420 record only with the alarm armed-Solution
2024-08-27 03:31:41 - last edited 3 недель назад

@AndreaGo 

I am just explaining how this camera works. Tapo C420 records detection videos only.

If you don’t need the camera to record continuously, but only need to record motion detection videos, then this model can do it without creating additional automation settings.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 167

Replies: 5

Related Articles