Can I use a wired router as the main node in ethernet backhaul setup?

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

I own two Deco X60 units. Currently, my mesh network looks like this (ethernet backhaul):

[router] ⇒ [Deco (main)] ⇒ [Deco (satellite)]

This was working fine, except the room where my router is located is being repurposed. I can no longer keep my router and main Deco unit in the same room, which is a problem for connecting the Deco units over ethernet.

Is the below possible, either by configuring my router (Omada ER605) a certain way or by using an intermediary between my router and Deco units?

⇗ [Deco (satellite)]

[router] 

⇘ [Deco (satellite)]

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I use a wired router as the main node in ethernet backhaul setup?-Solution

@friendofdog 

Hi,

If you want to connect this way, you need to set up the Deco as Access Point mode.

⇗ [Deco (main Deco, AP mode)]

[router] 

⇘ [Deco (satellite)]

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I use a wired router as the main node in ethernet backhaul setup?-Solution

@friendofdog 

Hi,

If you want to connect this way, you need to set up the Deco as Access Point mode.

⇗ [Deco (main Deco, AP mode)]

[router] 

⇘ [Deco (satellite)]

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can I use a wired router as the main node in ethernet backhaul setup?
Friday
Thank you, this worked in AP mode
Options