Slow speed in new router

Slow speed in new router

Slow speed in new router
Slow speed in new router
3 weeks ago
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 build 230824

Hi, I replaced an old router by archer c64 router. But after some time I realize that my internet worked very slow. I checked the speed in speedtest.net by ookla. The speed in singapore servers were same (around 1 Mbps).

Not just speed checking, I tried downloading movie, and the speed was less then 20% of the usual download speed.

Then I reconnected the old router and it worked fine. But after reconnecting new router, I got the same problem. I called the ISP. They checked the modem and the whole connection, it was working fine.

I searched about this problem and got a solution that is MAC cloning. I cloned the MAC with the old router MAC, but it gave me no result. My ISP was not handling my connection with MAC so basically it doesn't help me. What can I do now?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Slow speed in new router
3 weeks ago

@Rawnak 

This kind of issue could be due to C64 WAN port negotiated speed:

or C64 wireless settings:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago

@terziyski 

Ok but isn't it right that c64 router is capable to handle 10/100/1000 Mbps lines. My friend already used an archer c64 router with 100 Mbps full duplex line and there are no issues. From the beginning he is using that router till now without changing any router. Seeing that I decided to upgrade my router with archer c64. 

Options
3 weeks ago

@Rawnak 

Yes, C64 can handle 100 mbps line as well. You just didn't mentioned any details about your old router tech specs (line speed), your ISP modem tech specs (line speed) and the wireless speed of your client device as in my screenshots.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago
Previous router was archer c6 v2 i don't know the specs of ISP modem and my plan was 10Mbps/50Mbps (download/upload)
Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Rawnak 

My idea was to compare both WAN port negotiated speed of your C6 v2 and C64 and then wireless speed between your device and your C6 v2 and C64.

If they are the same then there's no explanation for the slow speed. The tech specs of C6 v2 and C64 are pretty mush similar. You can troubleshoot using this FAQ.

Options
3 weeks ago
Yes they have pretty similar specs. I upgrade to archer c64 for better range and easymesh support. But got this problem.
Options