Intermittent Internet connection while playing game on mobile

2024-08-29 07:41:05 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Deco X10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 build 20240111 Rel. 84231

I have 2 deco devices located at living room and 2nd floor outside Master bedroom each. First deco was connected wired with my router at living room. The second deco device is located at 2nd floor was connected wirelessly with first deco device at living room. 

My issue happen when my mobile connected with second deco device while im playing game on mobile. while im playing my game, My mobile will show connected with deco device but there is no internet connection halfway. I have to turn off mobile wifi and turn on again, internet connection will restore immediately after that. It will happen about 2 to 3 time in 20 minutes. 

I have no connection issue while connect with first deco device at living room throughout my 20 minutes game session. Reboot my second deco device few times and update firmware giving same result. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Intermittent Internet connection while playing game on mobile
2024-08-30 09:16:12 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@UserE 

Welcome to the community.

Do you have any wired laptop that could be connected to the satellite Deco X10 to test the online gaming connection?

Are you able to reproduce this issue on different mobile devices?

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Turn off "Fast Roaming" and "Beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced.

2. Disable "Mesh Technology" for the mobile device.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @David-TP,

I had follow your instruction to turn off "Fast Roaming" and disable "Mesh Technology" follow by reboot both deco devices. Issue since resolved after that, no more disconnect issue happen during my game session. Thanks for your prompt help. 

Options
3 weeks ago
Hi David-TP, Im experience internet disconnection issue again yesterday but not happen in first and second day of the changes. Could you please advice any other solution? Thanks in advance.
Options