Deco S4 V2 Issue

Deco S4 V2 Issue

Deco S4 V2 Issue
Deco S4 V2 Issue
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.2 Build 20240718

Hello, I have the following case study with Deco S4 V2.
I have a building where I want to work with the Deco Mesh system, but since I have a master server and it gives out IP addresses, I need to stop all kinds of DHCP servers on all devices from giving out IPs. The decos are put into accurate access mode, but I can neither find the Smart DHCP option nor can I set static IP addresses to each device separately on their LAN port.

The building is 7 floors and I need to put 3 devices on each floor and they work in Mesh as in no way they give out IP addresses in any mode of operation, even Smart DHCP is not necessary because it drives the whole thing crazy system!!!!

Does the TP-Link team intend to allow more advanced users of the brand to manage their devices better or will we have to trust another brand for what we need. After TP-Link has been tested by us, we like it and are happy with how they work so far.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco S4 V2 Issue
2 weeks ago

@Vent2006 

Hi,

Do you mean that you have set up Deco in Access Point mode?

In AP mode, DHCP mode is disabled.

If you want to make advanced settings like IP&MAC binding, please do it with your main router.

What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 107

Replies: 1

Related Articles