Deco X10 unable to connect to the Internet

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I'm new here, Deco X10 is my first Mesh wifi ever and I got two satelites for my place. I was trying to install this last weekend but the Deco would not connect to the Internet at all. Everything seems to be working fine, I have the ISP user and pass reset, port reset but still no Internet. When I switch back to the old router, something happened to the point there is no Internet at all.

Move over to the second day attempt, Internet came back on with the old router connected (was hoping it would fix itself overnight) so I tried to connect the Deco again and left the house for a couple of hours. When I came back, same issue...Deco light red, no wifi connected. I tried to change the DNS based on some recommendations but didn't work. Reset the ISP user and pass again but still same thing, no Internet. I switched back to the old router, and fixed the user/pass to the new details and just stopped installing the Deco for now because we depend on the Wifi for work.

So in short:

Day 1

- Tried to install Deco, connected to Deco but no Internet.

- Changed ISP user/pass, tried again, no Internet

- Switched back to old router for Internet, no Internet

Day 2

- Internet's back, tried to install Deco again (left it for a few hours)

- After a few hours, still no Internet

- Changed ISP user/pass, tried again, no Internet

- Switched back to old router, connected to Internet.

Can someone please tell me where I'm doing wrong here? The Deco app looks awesome and I'd really like to use this device...

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco X10 unable to connect to the Internet
2 weeks ago

@SleepyShaman 

Hi, May I know who your internet service provider is?

-Did the Internet provider use PPPOE for internet service? any internet VLAN ID required as well?

-When Deco was red, if you checked the IPV4 settings under Deco APP>More>Internet connection, would there be any IPV4 address?

Have you tried to connect Deco behind the ISP old router, and use "Dynamic IP" as the internet connection to see whether Deco could connect to the internet?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@David-TP Hi David, thanks for the response.

- I am under Unifi (from Malaysia). And yes, they use PPPoE. Not sure about VLAN ID.

- No IP address seen from the IPv4 page. I did screenshot to ask my cousin about this too. You can see the details are all empty as its trying to get connected.

- On your recommendation, do you mean to connect the mesh to the old router? I can try this but it kinds of spoils my reasoning to get the Deco...I'll try it in a couple of hours and get back to you

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@David-TP hey there, it works fine but now I can't login into the TP Link app anymore. I tried resetting the password and it still doesn't let me in. It was working a minute ago when I fixed the LAN cable to the old router and did some screenshots of the connection working. Then it suddenly kicked me out..before I could screenshot details of the Wifi connection.

Edit: I went back to my old Wi-Fi and I can login to the TP Link/Deco app like normal. But when I change to the Mesh Wi-Fi (Natalon _5G), it doesn't allow me in.

Options
2 weeks ago

@David-TP any solution to this?

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@David-TP I have retried the Mesh wifi...rest every 'satelite' then reconnecting them back to the router. It works now. 

But the question now is how do I make this Mesh work independently without the router...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 196

Replies: 5

Related Articles