The starlink router’s 5ghz is not detected by RE305

a week ago
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.23 Build 230418 Rel.60395n (6985/8575)

Hello Tp-link

i am not able to connect to router thru RE305. The router I am using is Starlink and I am unable to change the wifi channel on this router. It certainly is the RE305 problem as per old thread I have read. Till now it he 5G connection was seen only once and that was before the firmware update. So please help. I have attached the screenshots which were requested in old threads.

Options
12 Reply
Re:The starlink router’s 5ghz is not detected by RE305
a week ago

@Pras902 

Hi,

What channel is used by the Starlink router in the 5 GHz band?

Note that TP-Link Dual band Range Extenders made for the European market (have the letters "EU" printed on the serial number sticker) do not support channels 149 to 165.

Options
Tuesday

@woozle 

hi

That is the thing. This starlink router doesn’t let you in. There is no interface to login. The app has the options to change wifi names and passwords and splitting the wifi in 2.4 and 5 ghz network radio and that’s about it. If it was I could have done something myself. It doesn’t say but it says UK. The relevant photos are attached.

Options
Tuesday

@Pras902 

Despite the UK not being part of the EU anymore, I am pretty sure TP-Link wireless devices made for the UK market follow the same rules.

I am afraid there will be no straight solution for this problem. Any other TP-Link range extender model for the UK would be the same.

Potential solutions:

- Try to get hold of a range extender made for the US market. It will support those 5 GHz channels, but of course will only be usable in the UK with an additional adapter for the wall socket.

-  Set the Starlink router to "Bypass" mode (so that it will basically work as just a modem) and then connect a separate Wi-Fi router to it that allows selection of Wi-Fi channels.

Options
Wednesday

@Pras902 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Here is a beta firmware that might help with the current issue. You could find the download link in the private message.

Moreover, The UK version of wireless extender is planned to open band 4 for 5GHz.

Thanks again and best regards.

Options
Wednesday
Hi I cannot see private message or the download link. Kindly send to my email or suggest the steps how to see the private message please. Thank you
Options
Wednesday
Hi David I got it thanks
Options
Wednesday
Hi another RE305 extender, can I upload the firmware for that as well please? The firmware you supplied is working fine on the first extender. Thanks
Options
Thursday

@Pras902 

Hi, Is it also RE305 (UK)V4.0?

Options
Thursday
Yes, it is same model
Options
Thursday