cant login!

cant login!

cant login!
cant login!
a week ago
Model: TL-WPA7617 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 701F14

Hello, I would like to access the manager of my mesh network, but I can't even get past the authentication step! I'm asked for a user/password, and I've tried everything, but nothing works:
I've tried admin/admin (because I read everywhere that this is the default combo), I've tried the combo with which I authenticate on tplink, but it doesn't work, I've also tried the wireless password supplied on the AP box, but of course it doesn't work...

In short, I'm stuck. I'm thinking that maybe I could have changed these settings when I bought it (several months ago, and I don't remember doing it, but why not), but I don't see anywhere a procedure for doing a factory reset. On the WPA7617P, the only thing you can do is press the reset button (which doesn't exist, it's the PAIR button) for 6 seconds, but that just resets the pairing with the PA7017P.
I ve tried to reset the PA7017 (pressing PAIR for 15 seconds) but it does not change anything. 

In short, you'll have understood that I'm lost, and a little exasperated...

Options
3 Reply
Re:cant login!
a week ago

@Cyjam 

Hi,

Can you please post a screenshot of the screen where you are seeing entry fields for username and password?

Options
a week ago

@woozle 

Sure, here it is and thanks for helping: 

But... LOL! I dont know what i managed to do, but after attaching this first screen shot, I thought it d be nice to attach the screen shot from the website interface and, there, instead of asking me for the combo user/password, i was asked to generate a new password. Which I did, and I can now access to the interface!!

I will more than likely come back to ask for more help, as I am pretty sure I wont be able to set the network the way I intend to by myself. 

My objective is to make my computer able to sort out the wifi coming from my PA7017 and the one coming from my WPA7617 so that it will choose the closest/strongest. 
At this stage, for a reason I cant understand, my computer always chooses the furthest/weakest. 
I hope I can figure out how to do so... 

Thanks anyway woozle

File:
Capture d'écran 2024-09-08 102317.pngDownload
Options
a week ago

@Cyjam 

The TL-PA7017P adapter itself does not have Wi-Fi built in.

If your are talking about the Wi-Fi of the router to which you have the TL-PA7017P connected to, then automatic roaming between the TL-WPA7617 and the Wi-Fi router will only work if the router is from TP-Link and supports "OneMesh".

Options