Best way to connect between 2 Decos?

a week ago
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys,

Question: What's the best way to connect between two decos? should I connect them based on the distance between them? Should I always keep it automatically and let the system choose? should I connect all of them to the main one?

Would love to hear some thoughts!

Thanks!!!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Best way to connect between 2 Decos?
a week ago

@Hasayeret 

Hi, I think you can test which connections could provide better internet speed from the satellite Deco XE75.

The satellite Deco tends to connect to the main Deco if the wireless signal is still within the roaming threshold since the direct connection to the main Deco often provides a better link speed.

But if the remote satellite Deco is far away from the main Deco, "Connection Preference " also helps us to re-select the signal source.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
a week ago
Thanks so much David I am able to connect to both, but the main Deco has a weaker signal than the satellite one. If that's the case, what do you think?
Options
a week ago

@Hasayeret 

Hi, I would recommend the main Deco.

Options
a week ago
really? why? the signal is clearly weaker. I'd love to learn more about your strategy on this one
Options
a week ago

@Hasayeret 

For the following topology:

Main Deco---<wifi>---satellite Deco#1---<wifi>---satellite Deco#2

Due to the working pattern and protocol/regulation of Wi-Fi technology, the more wireless hops, the slower the speed would be.

If the signal strength is weaker but still able to hold a stable connection(-70dbm~-50dbm), reducing the wireless hops will increase the wireless speed:

Main Deco---<wifi>---satellite Deco#1

\--<wifi>--satellite Deco#2

You could also refer to Why is my satellite Deco unit not getting the same speed as the main Deco for more details.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options