Slow Upload Speed on Web Browsers with AX53 V2.8

3 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20240123

Hello,

I am seeing 300-450 Mbps upload speed when I do speed test or upload anything using web browsers, but testing speed on the native Speed Test app by Ookla have normal upload speed of 900-945 Mbps.

If I use my ISP router, I get full speed on browsers, so it must be some settings on the router which is causing the issue, right? If yes, what could it be?

Both tests were done using same Ethernet cable. Not using Wi-Fi.

For example:

With AX53 on Brave (same issue in Edge, Firefox and Chrome)-

With ISP router on Brave:

And yes, I have tried testing at same time and the same problem occurred.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Slow Upload Speed on Web Browsers with AX53 V2.8
2 weeks ago

@Zuke 

Hi,

Please check if you have set up QoS settings.

And also when you test the speed, please ensure that no other devices are engaged in high-bandwidth activities, such as online gaming, as this may affect the results.

Besides, may I know the network topology?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Sunshine Hello there!

Actually, I think the problem was not with my TP-Link router, but with TP-Link ONT.

Turns out, whenver I am using my XZ000-G3 V2, upload speed is capped in web browsers (though works well in Speed Test app). If I use my router with my ISP's ONT/router on router mode, I have no issues with upload speed.

Also, I have QoS disabled, but I assume it makes no difference since we know the issue is with the ONT.

Any idea why this ONT could be having this issue? I don't have any other option, since most ONTs failed to work with my ISP and their ONT/router is horrible due to several reasons.

There is barely anything to setup in it. I only changed VLAN (tried setting it as Set by OLT as well as Transparent mode and did it in router, still same) and Serial No. to make it work with my ISP.

I could only see these settings which might be affecting the speed, but then again, I cannot change them:

Do you have any idea about this specific ONT?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Zuke 

Hi,

Thanks for your information.

May I confirm where did you get this TP-Link ONT XZ000-G3?

This model is customized by ISP, they may did some special settings on it. So we can hardly provide further suggestions on this issue.

Therefore if you get it from your ISP, It would be better that you contact and confirm with them directly.

If you buy this device by yourself, it is recommended to contact the local support. 

Please provide the details when you contact them, including the speedtest result, the troubleshooting steps and results and also the model number of your ISP ONT.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 92

Replies: 3

Related Articles