Deco S7 Network Disconnections
Deco S7 Network Disconnections
a week ago - last edited Sunday
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20240711 Rel 38529

Hi,

Network

2 S7, 1 acting as Wifi Router but it is conected to an archer c80 who has the internet conection. 

Can t change the configuration as i have more than 20 devices conected 

Since last stable update the second Deco disconnects from network. Tried everything, Beta firmware, Reset and configure but nothing works

I m using only one Deco now. 

Any idea?

(sorry about my english)

•  Did you have the "red light" on both Deco S7 units? 

No, just secondary one

•  Is the satellite S7 wirelessly connected to the main Deco S7 into the Mesh system, or via an Ethernet cable?

wirelessly

I noticed you mentioned when Deco S7 was disconnected and turned red, the internet service was still working

No until you remove sencondary from the network

Do you have an ISP-provided router in front of the main Deco S7? or how did you test the internet connection from the ISP?

Yes, I tested it from a device connected to main router (Archer)

Similar case

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/676316?replyId=1406122 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: Deco S7 Network Disconnections-Solution
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@David-TP 

Hi, Have you tried to set Deco S7 into "Access Point" Mode: 

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

A: I m trying to avoid this cause y have more than 30 IOT devices conected, changing WIFI config to all of them would be extremely dificult. 

I saw you were on the 1.5.1 beta firmware, not the official firmware and I don't think it is due to any firmware upgrade.

A: When this issue started I had the official firmware, then i read about the beta and installed it. The issue is the same with both releases but it started with the previous one. 

Did you try to remove the satellite Deco S7 from the Mesh and add it again via Deco APP?

A: several times, at least 10 

- If yes, can it be successfully added? Would it turn to flash red shortly after being online for a while?

A: exactly and wifi conection starts failing 

In case there is something wrong with this satellite S7, when you don't need the internet service from S7, It is also suggested to set the secondary unit as the main Deco to see whether it works well: How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

A: It is also suggested to set the secondary unit as the main Deco to see whether it works well <<<< dont know why but its has been working for several hours, I´ll wait a couple of days and then mark this solution as good! 

Thanks a lot!

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re: Deco S7 Network Disconnections
a week ago

@Hernan10ARG 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Please try to disable "EasyMesh" on the Archer C80 first.

If it didn't help, since Deco S7 is also a wireless router, have you tried to remove C80 from the network and leave Deco S7 as the only router.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Q: Please try to disable "EasyMesh" on the Archer C80 first.

A: Done, but still not working

Q: If it didn't help, since Deco S7 is also a wireless router, have you tried to remove C80 from the network and leave Deco S7 as the only router.

A: Can´t do that, need the router to cover all areas, Something happened, Its been working fine for more than a year (probably firmware update

Hernan10ARG wrote

Hi,

Network

2 S7, 1 acting as Wifi Router but it is conected to an archer c80 who has the internet conection. 

Can t change the configuration as i have more than 20 devices conected 

Since last stable update the second Deco disconnects from network. Tried everything, Beta firmware, Reset and configure but nothing works

I m using only one Deco now. 

Any idea?

(sorry about my english)

•  Did you have the "red light" on both Deco S7 units? 

No, just secondary one

•  Is the satellite S7 wirelessly connected to the main Deco S7 into the Mesh system, or via an Ethernet cable?

wirelessly

I noticed you mentioned when Deco S7 was disconnected and turned red, the internet service was still working

No until you remove sencondary from the network

Do you have an ISP-provided router in front of the main Deco S7? or how did you test the internet connection from the ISP?

Yes, I tested it from a device connected to main router (Archer)

Similar case

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/676316?replyId=1406122 

)

Thanks

Options
Friday

@Hernan10ARG 

something? someone?

i cant believe that it cant be fixed! 

Options
Saturday

@Hernan10ARG 

I saw you were on the 1.5.1 beta firmware, not the official firmware and I don't think it is due to any firmware upgrade.

Did you try to remove the satellite Deco S7 from the Mesh and add it again via Deco APP?

- If yes, can it be successfully added? Would it turn to flash red shortly after being online for a while?

In case there is something wrong with this satellite S7, when you don't need the internet service from S7, It is also suggested to set the secondary unit as the main Deco to see whether it works well: How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

Options
Re: Deco S7 Network Disconnections-Solution
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@David-TP 

A: I m trying to avoid this cause y have more than 30 IOT devices conected, changing WIFI config to all of them would be extremely dificult. 

A: When this issue started I had the official firmware, then i read about the beta and installed it. The issue is the same with both releases but it started with the previous one. 

A: several times, at least 10 

A: exactly and wifi conection starts failing 

A: It is also suggested to set the secondary unit as the main Deco to see whether it works well <<<< dont know why but its has been working for several hours, I´ll wait a couple of days and then mark this solution as good! 

Thanks a lot!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 136

Replies: 5

Related Articles