BE550 / BE9300 odd Lan Connection with Sky Q box

hace una semana - last edited hace una semana
Model: Archer BE550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20240807 rel.25691(4555)

Hi,

I had my Sky Q box disconnect from my router this morning.

The box is connected via Lan.

Tried all the usual reboots on Sky box and router, entering  Network setting manually, even tried to connect via wifi and so on, non of that worked.

I then got my old router (cisco) and plugged the Sky box  via ethernet into the the cisco router, the Sky Box connected.

At some point when I plugged the sky box back into the TP-Link it connected!.

The Sky box at this stage was set to Automatic DHCP.

I checked the IP  and it ended in .105, which was the old ip assignment from the cisco box.

This should not be possible because my range  dos not include this. I then manually changed it to bring it in range and it will not connect.

Changing it back to the out of range number it connects. This does not make sense to be and afaik should not be possible.

Also to note  under Advanced > Network

The client list does not show the sky box as being assigned an IP by the DHCP server.

But under the Network Map it shows up listing the out of range IP?

Does anyone have a clue what is going on.

Thank

Options
3 Reply
Re:BE550 / BE9300 odd Lan Connection with Sky Q box
hace una semana

@Mark_Hunte 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

May I confirm some information to understand your situation better?

1. Did your Sky Q box got internet access suddenly this morning? It could work properly before?

2. What is the IP Address Pool you set?

3. Can your other devices connect to BE550 properly? Via wireless way via wire?

4. Can you just disconnect the Ethernet cable from BE550 to Sky Q box, then power off your Sky Q box for half an hour? Then please reconnect the cable and power on Sky Q box to check.

5. You may try to configure Address Reservation for your  Sky Q box.

Options
hace una semana - last edited hace una semana

@Marvin_S 1, The sky box suddenly LOST network connection and internet.

I suspect when I first switch to the is new router it was still using the out of range IP and I did not realise . I think the Sky box was set to automatic and not manual.

2,  the pool range is  xx.xx.xx.2 - 30

The sky box wants to use xx.xx.xx.105, the leading xx numbers are the same in both dhcp and sky box 

5, The sky box clearly has an issue connecting on automatic even with a reserved address. 

I have now put the Sky Box on Manual and with an IP within the range and set a reserved IP on the router.

This worked.

I still do not understand one thing.  My understanding was that if a device was set manually with an out of range ip served by the DHCP. Then that device should not be able to connect using the out of range IP.  It that assumption wrong?.

Options
Friday

@Mark_Hunte 

Hi, thanks for your update~

May I confirm your exact network topology?  Are you using BE550 and old Cisco router at the same time?

Could you please disconnect other devices and only directly connect the Sky Q box to one of BE550 LAN port in the same room? Then please check whether the internet connection and IP address on Sky Q box. 

And it is also suggested to take factory reset on Archer BE550, reconfigure it and reconnect Sky Q box for a try.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 81

Replies: 3

Related Articles