Unstable TL-SG108PE v2 - network identity, connections drops

a week ago
Model: TL-SG108PE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm already struggling couple of days with the topic so i need your help :)

Lets start with the topology description

ROUTER 1

-> ROUTER2 (access point)

-> ROUTER3 (access point)

-> SG108PE

-> EAP113 (outdoor wifi repeater) powered via PoE, extends router 1 SSID

Identified strange behaviour:

1) whole network is unavalble when SG108PE is down (fe. restart)

2) random network unavaibility ~10-20s (started when switch was installed)

3) SG108PE v2 identifiesas SG105E v4 when accessed both via webpage and Easy Smart Configuration Utility:

A) once connected directly Laptop - SG108PE and after Factory Reset switch identifies as SG108PE with 192.168.0.1 - swich able to perform FW upgrade, curent FW: en_1.0.1_[20191204-rel.71847

B) once connected to SG108PE via LAN identifies as SG105E v4 with 192.168.0.1 (visible via Easy Smart Configuration Utility) - not able to perform FW upgrade as image verification fails (I assume HW mismatch during check)

C) not able to configure all 8 ports as 105E supports only 5 ports

D) 108PE and 105E identifies with different MAC Address.

I assume random drops might be connected to STP beeing confused about 108PE and 105E both addresing the same factory IP.

Factory subnet 192.168.0.X

My subnet 192.168.1.X

Sometimes when i do the scan with Easy Smart Configuration Utility both records for 108 and 105 are visible which is odd as it's only one sad confused device.

Any ideas?

Sadly, the device is out of guarnatee as i recently found it in the drawer looking for something to per the accesspoint. Not sure about his past :)

Options
4 Reply
Re:Unstable TL-SG108PE v2 - network identity, connections drops
a week ago

Hi  @flo0 

I don't think you have STP on these models?

You wanna examine your whole network and physical connections. Try to avoid a loop connection now.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
a week ago

@Clive_A 

Thanks, I'll take a look on the physical connections.

Any ideas od 105e vs 108pe identity? Most of the times the switch is identified as 105e.

Options
a week ago

Hi @flo0 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

flo0 wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks, I'll take a look on the physical connections.

Any ideas od 105e vs 108pe identity? Most of the times the switch is identified as 105e.

If you cascade, that might detect router---105E---108PE as 105E.

If you intend to have better network management, recommend you start with the L2+ models. SG2000 series.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Friday

Hi I Was able to resolve the connection drops, by configuring as AC not as repeater.

It works for now.

Current the switch presents itself as:

1) 108pe 

and

2) 105e

I was able to catch both Mac addresses and assign them separate IP so they are not generating any conflict.

The case stays a riddle for me, why it's identified as separate devices ...

Options