Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

Wireguard Client for Archer AX53 (AX3000) V1

Model: Archer AX53  

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: Archer AX53 V1 1.2.4 Build 20240509

Hello, I just purchased recently Archer AX53 AX3000 V1. I also updated with the latest official firmware available V1_1.2.4 Build 20240509.

Could you please release new firmware update that support wireguard Client function.

This would make TP-Links Routers a much Better service since the popularity of VPN's is increasing Each day and more people want to connect their router's to a VPN cause it's easier and more reliable and secure.

And I hope TP-Link would release a New Firmware for VPN Client feature.

Please pass it along to the development team and put this at a Top Priority if Possible.

Thank you for your consideration.

Options
10 Reply
RE:wireguard client not working in beta version
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Options
Options
Re:wireguard client not working in beta version

@Aghiadtk did you just copy the sentence from my post? haha.. I am waiting the official firmware that support OpenVPN Client feature for AX53 AX3000 V1.. well, I hope TP-link will release wireguard client feature as well..

You can also try email the global technical support

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Options

@Aghiadtk 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to your home router, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options
Friday - last edited Friday

@Aghiadtk I own AX53 V1 (EU), I hope tplink will release new firmware update that support wireguard client feature. that would be great.

Options
Saturday - last edited Saturday

nowadays many people using wireguard vpn client.. it's really important feature for many AX53 V1 user. hopefully tp link will add this feature on the next firmware update!

Options
8 hours ago

@Router_Review I just ordered an ax53 (I don't know if it's v1 or v2) and now I learn that it doesn't support wireguard client! ax20 was nearly 20% cheaper. do you recommend me to cancel it and order an ax20 instead or just wait for the update with you all?

Options
6 hours ago

@wdoor 

your router is V1 because currently doesn't support Wireguard Client.

I contacted TP-Link global technical support and they said they will release the official firmware that support OpenVPN and Wireguard Client feature by the end of this year for AX53 AX3000 V1.

in the meantime you can try public beta firmware provided by TP-Link. There are 2 Public Beta firmware for AX53 V1. Below is the download link.

Archer AX53_V1

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/beta/2024/202402/20240206/Archer_AX53_V1_1.2.4_Build_20240206.zip

OR

http://tpbeta.com/s/ax53v1/download/Archer%20AX53%28EU%29_V1_230914.zip

Options
3 hours ago - last edited 3 hours ago

@Router_Review so v2 has both open vpn and wireguard at stable firmware level meanwhile v1 has openVPN at stable level and wireguard at beta level. do I get it right?

and what would you do if you were in my situation. I ordered v1 (I contacted seller and they said that) but they didn't ship it yet. would you take it as it is and use beta until a stable release or cancel it and order a V2 instead. almost same price but since it was a installment purchase, it will remain in my credit cart limit for a couple of months even if I cancel it.

is that beta working correctly? OP mentioned that he/she can't use wireguard vpn with beta release. what's wrong with beta release? is it broken or is it just specific to op?

and also, what's the difference between two versions besides that firmware stuff?

Options
an hour ago

@wdoor as stated on TP-Link website https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-ax53/#specifications

Only AX53 V2 has OpenVPN and Wireguard "Client" feature.

Ax53 V1 currently is not support "VPN Client" on the stable firmware, it only support "VPN Server".

If you need VPN Client urgently, I think better cancel your order and order the ax53 V2 instead.

Here is the V1 and V2 datasheet :

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/product-overview/2022/202208/20220823/Archer%20AX53(EU)1.0_Datasheet.pdf

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/product-overview/2024/202401/20240116/Archer%20AX53(EU&US&RU)%202.0.pdf

as you can see from the datasheet the main difference are:

- Onemesh (v1) vs. Easymesh (v2)

- VPN Server (v1) vs. VPN Server & Client (v2)

-  power 12v 1a (v1) vs. 12v 1.5a (v2)

etc..

the rest look similar.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 177

Replies: 12

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters

Tags