TD-W8961NB can not upgrade firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-05 16:29:47
Region : Germany

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 121130

ISP : HTP

Hello,

I am living in germany but not yet a good german speaker and I bought a TP-link router for home.
Wen I wanted to configure the router I found out that the complete web interface was in german, ok! so i managed to configure it.

The problems that I have are related to not been able to access the web interface after one or two days of uptime, the only way to get again access is to hard reboot the router from the power button.
So I would like to upgrade the firmware which is now on the router Firmwareversion : 3.0.0 Build 121130 Rel.34825(DE) to a newer one which is available on TP-link page TD-W8961NB_V3_130128 (EN).

The upgrade is not working!! I receive an error in german :

Fehler beim Aktualisieren: Die gesendete Datei wurde vom Router zurückgewiesen.

and after that the router reboots and still running the old german version(121130) instead of english one (130128).

This is a known bug or is not possible to upgrade the firmware with a new one in different language ?

I am new to this forum so I don't know if my router info will be displayed in the post, so this are my router details:

Model: TD-W8961NB (Annex B)
Device version: V3
Firmware version 3.0.0 Build 121130 Rel.34825
Device language: German
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 664

Replies: 0

Related Articles