Connection keeps getting knocked out!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-03 12:04:07
Region : Others

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : ToT

Hi all,
I hope we can find a solution to this as its driving me crazy!

The problem I have is that I have a TL801ND (latest firmware) acting as a repeater to a wifi modem (TP Link 8910G) which is connected to the ISP.
I set up the 801ND in repeater mode and it connects fine and can connect to the internet without any problems.
After a little while though (anything from a few seconds to hours) the internet connection is lost and I have to physically reset the 801ND and setup in repeater mode to get it to connect again.

I have tried the 801ND in a completely different location where there is only one connection available and have no problems whatsoever, so Im sure its not a fault with the
unit itself.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the connection between the two is clashing with something else in the area (we're in a beachfront bar and every place in the area has free wifi) and my connection is being knocked out by them, or by a devise that somebody is using.
Although this doesn't happen now, but when I was first trying to resolve this issue I would reset the 801ND, set it as repeater to our wifi modem, but suddenly the signal from our wifi would drop and the signal from one of our neighbours on either side of us would show full strength signal as if our 801ND had switched to being a repeater for their wifi. Im assuming that this could be relevant. Is it possible that both us and our neighbours on either side of us have the same settings and our 801ND is getting confused between which one to act as repeater for as we're stuck in the middle?

This is actually a problem we've had for a while and the 8910G modem router is the new one we've tried to overcome the issue as the old one did exactly the same, so I'm
pretty sure the main modem router isn't the issue.

I'm hoping that I can change the setting of something somewhere (sorry, bit of a novice) to avoid any clashes.

Any assistance would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Steve
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 435

Replies: 0

Related Articles