Internet drops with incoming and outgoing calls on MTNL landline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-20 14:37:01
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 3.1 v0019.0

ISP : MTNL

I have a MTNL (Mumbai) 2mbps internet connection. A single telephone line with a landline number.

SETUP : The wire from the walls/mains is connected to a splitter. Then from the splitter, one wire is connected to the TP-Link WD8968 wireless router (V2, Firmware Version=0.6.0 3.1 v0019.0), and the other to the base of cordless Panasonic wireless telephone. Thats the setup.

ISSUE :
Whenever there is an incoming call answered or outgoing call made/hung up, the internet connection drops for roughly about 2-3 minutes and connects itself again. ( I DO NOT have to restart the router or reconnect). I dont know if I am doing any wrong connections as described in my setup. I do not wish my internet to drop during calls.

Please help if anyone facing similar issues.
Thanks
Options
4 Reply
Re:Internet drops with incoming and outgoing calls on MTNL landline
2015-04-21 16:59:31
Try different splitters or contact your ISP on this issue.
Options
2015-04-22 12:03:27
Already used different splitters. Do you know any other configuration process during the setup which could enable so called "Bridging" i guess for simultaneous use of Internet and landline phone ?
Options
Internet line drop issue persists
2015-04-22 14:07:26
I am not a very techno geek. so dont know much in detail about the terms and language of computer. I know the basics. So if anyone knowledgeable about this issue and a solution towards it could kindly help me in lay mans language in a step by step form.
Thanks a lot
Options
2015-04-23 15:52:03
Your internet service provider checked the line for you?
When the telephone line is plugged into the router or your phone ONLY, is it working properly?
Options