BT Home Hub 4 and TP-Link Av200 connection problems.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-20 03:42:34
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA251KIT

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

I recently switched to BT Broadband. With my previous ISP I supplied my own Netgear modem. I attached to that modem two TP-Link Powerline Adapters and they worked without an issue.

I now have a BT Home Hub 4 and cannot get the adapters to work. I have plugged the ethernet cable from the back of the Home Hub into one of the adapters. I have attempted to pair them side by side on a double electric socket and they appear to pair but when I look on the network I cannot see the device connected to one of the adapters. Also shortly afterwards the Powerline LED then goes out on both adapters. The Ethernet LED on the Powerline adapter connected by Ethernet cable to the modem continues to be illuminated. I am at a loss as to know what the issue is.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Options
3 Reply
Re:BT Home Hub 4 and TP-Link Av200 connection problems.
2015-05-20 14:13:30
One adapter is connected to home hub and another adapter is connected to your PC?
You cannot access internet on your PC, right? What's the IP address obtained on your PC?

Try to reset both of them one by one and check if you can access internet or not..
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-312.html
Options
2015-05-20 14:59:24
Thanks for getting back to me.

One adapter is connected by Ethernet cable to the home hub the other to my music system via the electric circuit. However the network is not seeing my music system components.

I have done a reset on both the Powerlines but to no avail. I am unclear how you do that individually? Would that make any difference?

They do appear to pair when first switched on but then drop it after a few minutes. I guess due to inactivity.
Options
2015-05-21 11:49:58
Is it possible for you to connect the music system to your home hub directly and test if the network can see its components?
You may have to change IP settings on the music system with the new router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 482

Replies: 3

Related Articles