Dropping connection on AV1200 - TL-PA8030P KIT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Dropping connection on AV1200 - TL-PA8030P KIT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Dropping connection on AV1200 - TL-PA8030P KIT
2016-06-10 17:31:18
I have had the same problem. And i'm not a tech person so I paid for support guys help. It worked. But I'm not sure that iw won't repeat)) I even tried to create some tutorial for fixing http://law-essay-profy.com/law-dissertation-proposal-writing-service/. But I don't think that it's good))
Options
2016-07-18 19:36:51

jbaccrington wrote

Hi

Here's proof of plugs I have bought & tested.

So I will be seeking to return these plugs to TPLINK, its been too long to return them back to Amazon.

I was getting drop outs, and when I used the TL-PA8030P KIT AV1200 to connect another computer in another room, my internet speed was much slower.

Note: The TP-LINK TL-PA7020P plugs appear to be working fine.

I believe PA8030 uses Qualcomm chipset. PA7020 uses Broadcom. All my powerline dropout problems (happening for years and multiple TP-Link products) have been with Qualcomm chipset units.
Options
2016-07-19 14:44:42
Generally, across vendors, all 1000 and 1800/2000 series powerline products use Broadcom chipsets and a 2~86 MHz frequency range, while 600 and 1200 series products use Qualcomm and a 2~68 MHz range.

There are two kinds of connection loss - on the powerline and on the LAN connection. The latter is more often than not inappropriate settings on the PC end of the LAN wire - things like EEE, vendor specific methods of saving power on the LAN cable, etc. Enable those only if the other end is compatible - which isn't true 99% of the time. Connection loss on powerline ... top two problems and solutions: (1) If another powerline network is close by, use individual encryption (button pairing, or individual password through PC utility). (2) Noise in the wiring, from an electrical device backfiring into the mains wiring. Find the offender, and either filter or replace. It might be something simple like a slightly too cheap CCFL or LED lamp, or a poorly filtered motor in a washing machine or fridge, that kind of thing.
Options
2016-10-02 03:38:04
Oh my goodness, thank you so so much!

I was tearing my hair out over this issue. They'd been working fine up until today, then the middle red light of doom appeared.

I noticed that we had several VM networks in our area, so I gave your solution a go and it worked. I just made an account just to say thank you to you! :D:D:D

tadmeister69 wrote

Hi All, I had the same problem but found out the issue so I'm just replying in case this helps anyone else.

Basically I noticed I was having issues/blips in my connectivity - sometimes just for a few seconds and sometimes for minutes at a time. Even when it was for a few seconds it was long enough to disconnect the VPN I use for work so it was annoying. At the same time the middle light would flash from green to red then back to green.

I downloaded the tp-link utility ( http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-PA8030P-KIT.html#Utility) and used this to see my network. I noticed that there were between 1-3 AV500 devices that kept showing up when the connection went red and I assumed this was due to an issue with the devices/firmware, however when I tried to connect to my router I randomly noticed a load of extra devices added that weren't on my network and things I knew were on were missing! Essentially I worked out that the issue was that my neighbour has some wirless TP-Link devices (they show up as AV500) and uses a similar provider to me (BT subsidiary). His AV500 devices were patching into my network and instead of routing through the powerline my devices were going through his network (wirelessly) and out through his router which has the same stock default gateway (192.168.1.254 unsurprisingly). I didn't know this was possible when the AV1200 isn't wireless but it was definitely the issue as I've now fixed it - maybe this is a new feature on the AV1200 devices which is why people are having issues with those and not the older models? I think the different length of network outages/blips were due to it flip-flopping over or straight up having asymetric routing and losing packets.

Given the amount of people that use BT/Plusnet etc routers with the same gatewat and who don't change the network on their TP-LINK I'm sure I'm not the only person to have this issue. To find out if you have the same install the utility and look at the network tab to see if you can see more devices than you expect to see on your network. If you do then to fix the issue use the utility and connected to each AV1200 device and changed the name of the network from the stock value (HomePlugAV) to the a bespoke value. In my case as soon as this was done my neighbors AV500 devices no longer accessed my network and no longer randomly appeared; Since then I've not had a single red light or (touch wood) network issue!

Hope this helps someone else out there! :)
Options
2017-04-05 23:00:44
Hello!
I also had this problem and after trying several solutions I found the only one that solved me definitely the problem was to disable the WPS.
Greetings from Portugal!
Options
2021-10-14 22:39:52

I found a newer version on the UK support page, so the page warns me to not install anything that does not belong to my country and honestly, could it get worse???

I suffer from the drops every day too and it is quite super annoying when you are in the middle of a call when working from home. So I installed this newer version and let's see.

It can't get any worse, the newer version is at least 2.6, this is the UK file version information (by the way US, CH, AT and DE all share the same file name so I do not see any point in not trying whatever can be to resolve this issue).

TL-PA8030P(UK)_V1_180720

Options
2021-10-21 07:34:27 - last edited 2021-10-21 07:54:25

@StardustOne It is always suggested to upgrade the firmware according to the Hardware version & Country version (UK/EU?US etc.) on the sticker of the tp-link device. 

V1 need to upgrade to V1 firmware, not V2.  Kindly note that flashing wrong firmware may cause damage on a device. 

Options
2021-10-22 17:28:06

@Solla-topee That may be true for the Version numbers, since TP-Link is not providing the best and latest versions for all regions, users are forced to live with disconnects. This is not an optimal solution and TP-Link should release the latest firmware also for other regions. UK got an update in 2018 for V1 and all the other regions I checked do not get something newer than 2016.

For such a useful product, it should be a no brainer for a company who sells this to update the webpages on all regions with the latest V1 firmware that can be made available, we customer pay a lot of money for this and we deserve to get products that work reliable without sudden drops. Especially important during a global pandemic where so many people are working from home.

Options