New Archer C7 v2 is dropping internet daily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Archer C7 v2 is dropping internet daily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Loosing Internet connection every day on my new C7 v2
2016-02-18 01:32:59
It seems IMHO the people complainin do not define the problem precisely.
The router maintains the wired LAN and also the WIFI LANs on both frequencies. I can use my NAS that is wired to the router and my cellphones also see the local WIFI.
I loose the internet connection on a daily basis with no apparent reason which means no device can connect to the Internet: the WAN seems to the users inaccessible!

I enter the Admin GUI and may check the WAS and network status: in both places I can see "connected". But no Internet...

To solve the problem it is sufficient in most cases to disconnect and connect again.

Rebooting the router also solves the problem.

In my opinion the guys at TP-LINK should give us a solution ASAP and not ask indefinite and irrelevant questions as I was asked by mail by a support person.

I am amazed at the low level of support that is available for the router. I read the complaints on the forums and did not notice serious involvement or replies or solutions from TP Link people... only complaints from customers.

The problem could be caused either by a bug or by an incorrect setting.

I use PPOE and, when it works it is very good from all point of view.

It is a pity that lack of solution makes me consider returning the router to the shop OR if it is not possible - to just throw it to the junk and buy an other product.

MK
Options
Re:New Archer C7 v2 is dropping internet daily
2016-09-14 05:43:45
With the same problem, I noticed that sometimes it looses all DHCP settings like DNS .
I had to reinstall the whole router :(.
I have this modem now for a week and it worked fine and out of the blue it statrted.
Options
2016-09-16 07:44:16
I got the same issue. Archer C7 V2
Symptom : Everyday I come back home, my phone connect to the WIFI but there is no web connection. I have to reboot the router for the WIFI to connect to the Web again.

Tried to update the Firmware yesterday, didn't improved.
Tried to use under used canal for 2.4Ghz, didn't improved.

I'm using ARP to bind my computer to the same local IP.
I use the same SSID for 2.4 and 5 Ghz
Options
2016-09-16 07:45:25
I got the same issue. Archer C7 V2
Symptom : Everyday I come back home, my phone connect to the WIFI but there is no web connection. I have to reboot the router for the WIFI to connect to the Web again.

Tried to update the Firmware yesterday, didn't improved.
Tried to use under used canal for 2.4Ghz, didn't improved.

I'm using ARP to bind my computer to the same local IP.
I use the same SSID for 2.4 and 5 Ghz
Options
2016-09-18 17:50:49
I have C7 V2.00 and i'm very lucky because I've got any problem with my C7
Options
How I solved the problem I had for a few month with my C7 that was always disconnecting
2016-09-20 00:36:08
I got a new modem router (made by D-Link) from my ISP and put the C7 in a box from which will probably go to the garbage can in the near future.

Nothing helped so I had to cut my losses and solve a time consuming problem.

I am OK for more than a month with uninterrupted service.

Good luck to you all.
Options
works better now
2016-09-20 05:40:03
I have changed the dns settings to 8.8.8.8 and the second to 8.8.8.6 (both google dns)
and now it looks more stable.
Knock on wood!.

May be this helsp
Options
2017-05-24 06:06:12
Has anyone found a solution for the " Everyday I come back home, my phone connect to the WIFI but there is no web connection. I have to reboot the router for the WIFI to connect to the Web again."
I

Firmware Version: 3.14.3 Build 150427 Rel.36706n
Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000

Any ideas would be helpful thanks
Options
Related Articles