Time, date and frame rate.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-04-11 04:42:32
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello!
I'm using the NC220 and was wondering if there's a way to make the time and date actually appear on the recorded video, not just in preview.
I'm also having some issues with the framerate... it's always at 7 - 8 fps using any resolution (640x480 or 320x240).
Any ideas??
Options
4 Reply
Re:Time, date and frame rate.
2016-04-19 22:07:20
Yes, you can change fps with any video converter, but it won't improve the slow fps recording.
What i need to do is to RECORD at a higher frame rate.
Sorry if I'm not expressing myself correctly, but english is not my main language :P
Options
2016-04-23 03:47:23
The strength of your signal is one thing that helps on you framerate, if you wifi signal is low you get a low framerate...
Im on 10 to 12 frames and my signal is at 90 %.. looking at my cam with the android app, im getting around 130-150 KB/s
If i set the camera up 3 feet from my router i have around 14 Frames, and 200-250 KB/s, signal at 100 %
So to get a higher framerate, im gussing that you need to "spice" up your wifi signal

Waley
Options
2016-04-24 04:05:11
Hi Warley, and thanks for the answer!
I was using it via wi-fi at the begining, but now it's conected through a LAN cable. The results are the same.
Aparently FPS are afected by the focus distance... can that be?
The cam got to 15 fps as soon as i aimed it to a closer wall, and fell to 7 fps when i moved it back tho the original position.
Options
2016-04-25 06:58:50
jmgatti.
The less the cam has to focus on, work with, the bette frame rate you will get.
Its like a computer, when showing a movieits not working hard, but when you set it to decode recode a movie + working with high res pics, you will beginn to stress it...
So yes, as you mention, that can be, its logical...
Using the cable, you can stress the cam, to its max, so you should have a high framerate...
We all should remember with this cam, its a low price unit, so we cant expect it to deliver a crisp picture or a good wifi connection ;). but i know you know that too ;)

Ive learned a lot about this cam, by working with it, and reading about it in this forum... unfortunate TP-LINK dosent read up or response to our "cry for help"
When searching for a new firmware, i learned to browse the Us Uk and local tp-link sites, they are not updated simultanisley, the Danish support pages, were 3 to 4 weeks after the US, and that were updated 1 week after the english site... very strange...

Looong answer ;)
hope you can use some of it hehe
however, the product spec says 15 fps, so it should deliver that with a cable connection

Warley
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1239

Replies: 4

Related Articles