Archer VR900 Disappointment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-06 22:19:08
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I purchased an Archer VR900 as a replacement for an faulty Thomson router provided by my ISP some years ago. I could have replaced the ISP router for about £46.00 but decided to go for a 'better' router instead. After a lot of research I selected the TP-LINK Archer VR900.

It installed easily but was intermittently slow opening websites and too frequently I got the 'You're not connected to a network' notification when moving around in websites. The download and upload speeds were the same as my previous router, which was to be expected. I contacted TP-LINK sales people who were extremely helpful and it became apparent that I needed to update the Firmware to the latest version. I did this, and initially I thought that things had improved, but actually there is no change.

The router appears to be well made and I can see no immediate reason why it shouldn't function at least as well with my previous router. However, at just under £120.00 from Amazon compared with about £46.00 I felt that it was not worth persevering, so I am returning the Archer VR900 and going for a replacement router from my ISP.

I am disappointed. I spent a long time looking at different makes / models of routers and the Archer VR900 seemed to be a good bet. It obviously works well for a lot of people but apparently not for me. J.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 500

Replies: 0

Related Articles