Wifi drops but ethernet ok TD-W8960N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-01 11:49:06
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I have email TP Link support but got no reply so will post here to if anyone can help.

I have a TD-8960N which seems to have unstable wifi, keeps dropping internet connection (and connection to the router) over wi-fi only. Tried changing the channel, set to 20Mhz only, wifi name but still have regulary issue. Can normally be resolved by waiting, turning wifi off and on in the devices or restarting the modem/router. Happens regularly enough that we have trouble sending larger emails.

Here is a sys log and device info. Any advice would be appreciated.
File:
Sys Log Errors 2 anon.jpgDownload
Device Info 2 anon.jpgDownload
Options
2 Reply
same issue for me too
2016-09-05 19:21:47
Even I am facing the exact same issue.
Any fix yet.
My router is H-Ver = WR841N v10 00000000 : S-Ver = 3.16.9 Build 150310 Rel.55295n
I already checked I am having the latest firmware update but still the issue is happening very frequently.

topend wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I have email TP Link support but got no reply so will post here to if anyone can help.

I have a TD-8960N which seems to have unstable wifi, keeps dropping internet connection (and connection to the router) over wi-fi only. Tried changing the channel, set to 20Mhz only, wifi name but still have regulary issue. Can normally be resolved by waiting, turning wifi off and on in the devices or restarting the modem/router. Happens regularly enough that we have trouble sending larger emails.

Here is a sys log and device info. Any advice would be appreciated.
Options
Same issue with TL-WDR4300
2017-02-27 01:42:16
I've had this TL-WDR4300 V1 for a few years over the past year and a half the WiFi randomly drops. Ethernet does not. While the devices still show connected to access point they have no internet. Router must be rebooted to restore WiFi although occasionally will come back on its own after hours of not working. Tried all firmware as well as attempt to use WDRT but apparently router blocks third party firmware. Frequency of WiFi outages is now several times / per day so will be replacing this source of frustration unless anyone has found a solution I could try?

Thanks,
Options