TL- WPA4220KIT Intermittent loss of internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-17 16:19:55
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My TP-Link Powerline Extender is causing my laptop to intermittently lose internet connection.

My laptop is situated adjacent to the modem/router. The TP-Link powerline adaptor is connected to the router by Ethernet cable, the AV300 extender clones the SSID of the router and is situated a long way from the router in my apartment. Generally everything works perfectly.

However intermittently my laptop (whether it is connect by Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi to my router – it is too far away from the AV300 to be using this) will lose internet connection. When this happens, the icon in the system tray does not indicate a problem and all the lights are lit on the modem/router. Other devices (e.g. iPad) can still connect to the internet. Windows Trouble-shooter says that ‘The DNS server is not responding. Your computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or does not exist’. The problem is resolved by either disconnecting and then immediately reconnecting the Ethernet cable from my laptop to the router or (if I am connected wirelessly) by disconnecting and then reconnecting the laptop to the Wi-Fi network.

I have had this intermittent problem for over two years now. In that time I have had three different laptops (all using different versions of Windows), two new modems and three new routers. I have also replaced any cabling. Since all my non-TP-link have been replaced and when the problem occurs other devises are still able to connect (i.e. it is not a problem with the internet connection into my apartment), I have finally narrowed the problem down to the AV300.

My apartment is in Israel and the internet company, HOT, have also looked into this problem. We now believe that the problem is caused by the TP-Link equipment (probably the AV300) somehow interfering with IP addresses from the modem. If I totally disconnect the TP-Link equipment, the problem does not occur.

Prior to purchasing the above Powerline Adaptor, I had a TP-Link TL-WA850RE(UK) 300Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range extender (no Powerline adaptor) and I had the same problem. This indicates to me that rather than the product that I have being faulty (since it has happened with 2 TP-Link products), there is some incompatibility issue or incorrect setting. I have not noticed this problem when I am in the UK (where I live and purchased the products)

I would be grateful if you would please look into this. I find the Powerline Extender invaluable and would very much like to be able to continue using it. Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1379

Replies: 0

Related Articles