How to set up Ethernet Backhaul with your Deco devices

How to set up Ethernet Backhaul with your Deco devices

401 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:How to set up Ethernet Backhaul with your Deco devices
2019-12-11 21:25:17

@TP-Link Deco I just bought and installed my M9 plus and went crazy trying to get information about Ethernet backhaul through the app.

I dont have any information about link speed on my DECO or clients or connection mode/Ip address of my M9 Decos.

Is it really so that now 5 months later this functions is still not added to the M9 firmware? Seems like I'm running the latest 1.2.10 build 20190809 Rel 54285 - early augusti?

Or should this be in this firmware and something else is broken?

I installed by first Deco and changed to access point mode. After that I added another one while it was already connected through ethernet and it seems fine.

The instructions suggest that I have to check for firmware before I change mode, but it seems to work in AP as well.

Everything works, I'm just lackling all this connection mode and link speed info in the APP

I plan to install the third DECO soon throug wireless backhaul so link speed should be nice

Options
Re:How to set up Ethernet Backhaul with your Deco devices
2019-12-12 19:48:16

@TP-Link Deco 

No one using M9 and can see backhaul info or can answer when a firmware will be available?

My DECO says that I'm on latest 1.2.10, but there is a later 1.2.11 on the homepage - but I dont understand how to upgrade firmware manually

https://www.tp-link.com/se/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Firmware

Options
2020-01-05 15:44:16

@TP-Link Deco 

Is this the best way to setup a Deco E4 Mesh network with Ethernet Backhaul? 2 floors 1 basement is it possible to achive full wifi coverage with 3-Pack Deco E4?

Options
2020-01-08 11:04:13

@TP-Link Deco Nope, once the Deco units are wired together, they will communicate with each other directly via the wired connection bypassing Wi-Fi.

Check here.

Options
2020-01-14 05:32:02

I know a lot of these answers are from a while ago. Just wanted to confirm that yes, it works (and wonderfully) using wired Ethernet for the backhaul channel. The reason I know this is because my units (all 4 of them) at each location all get the same approximate wireless high speed (typically 425 to 500 or so Mb/sec, on a 1 gig Internet service) when near to each one separately.

Pressure Washing Lakewood Ranch

Options
2020-01-15 14:08:43

@TP-Link Deco Can't ping it. This is not visible in my router

Options
2020-01-27 19:04:50 - last edited 2020-01-27 19:30:59

Hello

may i have Ethernet Backhaul  in AP mode?

i have two Deco E4 on the same LAN (two switches between AP). they have an IP adress in the same subnet. DHCP server in the same LAN (no vlan)

the two deco use the 5gz connection and not the wire connection (i udse the port 1 on the two units)

Options
2020-01-27 22:24:39

EJ3359 wrote

Hello

i have two Deco E4 on the same LAN (two switches between AP). they have an IP adress in the same subnet. DHCP server in the same LAN (no vlan)

the two deco use the 5gz connection and not the wire connection (i udse the port 1 on the two units)

Hey,

Yes you can , I have few Deco M5s connected over ethernet backhaul in AP mode.

Just make sure all connected in single L2 domain

Options
2020-01-28 04:05:49

@SamyKn 

Hello

If i understand, i need use Port2 on the master Deco and Slave Deco?

Regards

Options
2020-01-29 05:17:59 - last edited 2020-01-29 05:20:19

@SamyKn 

Yesterday

EJ3359 wrote

Hello

Hey,

Yes you can , I have few Deco M5s connected over ethernet backhaul in AP mode.

Just make sure all connected in single L2 domain

Hello,

They are in the same LAyer 2: onnly one vlan and the broadcast layer, same DHCP and same Subnet.

But that doen't work....

Options
Related Articles