HS100 (EU) Device Time synchronization doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-27 22:39:00
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model : HS100(EU)

Hardware Version : 1.0

Firmware Version : 1.1.3

ISP : idk

I have 3 HS100 smart plugs that need to be coordinated at the same time (using schedules).

I've come to realize that the device time on the 3 smart plugs is not always the same: one of them is usually behind (and it's not always the same one). And I'm not talking about seconds, but multiple minutes.

I've tried to synchronize location and time through the Kasa app, but the time on the device that's behind is not updated properly (the Synched On is, however).

E.g., when I look at the device details in the Kasa app, I see:
Device Time: 27. Jul 2017 13:14:17 (4 minutes behind)

I've also tried to reset the smart plug but that seems to solve the issue only temporarily.

Any idea?

Thanks, Max
Options
5 Reply
Re:HS100 (EU) Device Time synchronization doesn't work
2017-07-28 10:33:38
The latest firmware is 1.1.2, you can try update the firmware first.
Options
2017-07-28 14:05:49
My apologies, the firmware version that is installed is actually 1.1.3, I've updated the original post. That was my first idea, too, but didn't solve the problem.
Options
2017-07-28 20:56:09
Hopefully flying snow can help you get it sorted, 4 minutes seems like a lot. If not, synchronizing time between separate devices like these can be a little tricky depending on the accuracy you need. You might consider using an external automation app to trigger them simultaneously rather than relying on their built in clocks.
Options
2017-07-29 18:56:34
That's what I'm going to do eventually... Raspberry Pi to trigger them simultaneously, but until I have that up and running (will take some time), I was hoping to just go with the schedule feature.

It's still very strange. Right now, one out of the three smart plugs is 4 minutes ahead. Yesterday, a different one was 4 minutes behind, but seems to have caught up by now.

Does anyone know how the clock works? Is it depending on the voltage maybe? Fyi, all three smart plugs are connected to the same power strip.

Regarding precision: it doesn't have to be seconds but also, it shouldn't be minutes either.

Anyone else has any idea?
Options
2017-07-31 16:48:09
You may try to locate the problem on the devices first. Is it only 1 or 2 of them? Or all 3 of them? If only 1 or 2, I think it's possible that the device you have is faulty or something. While if it is all of them, I would recommend you to contact TP-Link Tech Support by sending them an email so they can look at it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 698

Replies: 5

Related Articles