Tapo camera time synchronization issue

2023-10-29 16:56:14
Model: Tapo C320WS   Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I'm inquiring for assistance. Currently, I'm using a vstarcam N8209p NVR connected to 8 cameras of different brands. Two of these cameras are newly purchased, the tapo c320w and c510w. I'm experiencing a time synchronization issue. I've tried adjusting the settings in the camera, and the time seems to be corrected, but after a while, it reverts to the incorrect time, particularly when connected to the NVR. (I've tried turning off the NVR, and the time stays correct.) I've attempted to resolve this by:

• Disabling the NVR's sync time feature, but the issue persists.
  • Trying to ping pool[dot]ntp[dot]org, resulting in timeouts.
  • Removing NTP servers from the list and using time[dot]window[dot]com, which I can ping, but the problem remains the same.

Notably, cameras like the c200 and c210 are working fine with no time synchronization issues. If anyone knows how to fix the problem I'm experiencing with the tapo c320w and c510w cameras, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you for your assistance! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo camera time synchronization issue
2023-10-30 10:37:40

@Dddddduke 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about the problem you report.
1. What time zone have you selected on the Tapo app for the Tapo C320WS, C510W, and C200? What time zone have you configured on your NVR?

2. When the Tapo cameras are connected to the NVR, what time and date show up on the Tapo C320WS, C510W, and C200?

3. If the NVR's sync time feature is enabled for the Tapo C200, you can try to disable and enable it for the C320WS and C510W and check if the time will be corrected.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 181

Replies: 1

Related Articles