Votes

Tapo D230S1 video camera issue.

Votes

2023-06-03 19:19:54 - last edited 2024-01-17 10:29:07

Hiya,

I've just got my video doorbell, it works great except it's meant to call my phone when someone rings it but it doesn't. 

Doorbell video call is enabled in the settings, but all I get is notifications, phone is a Samsung galaxy fold 3.

Hopefully there's an easy fix is this is the most important feature. 

Regards, 

Alex.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Tapo D230S1 video camera issue.-Solution
2023-06-05 12:34:23 - last edited 2024-01-17 10:28:57

Update on 23.09.11

Hi  @AlexLimpkin 
Currently, when the Doorbell Video Call feature is enabled on the Tapo app for the Tapo D230, you will receive a call that displays as Tapo Doorbell when someone presses your Tapo D230 and when you open the Tapo app.

If the Tapo app or the phone screen is closed, you will receive a notification that ringing is different from other notifications on your phone when someone presses your Tapo D230, and you can press it to go to the Tapo app to receive the video call.

We keep improving the product and features on it and we will try our best to deliver the best performance possible.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-15 08:06:13 - last edited 20 часов назад

Update on July 02, 2024.

Hi All,
Currently, we have improved the Doorbell Video Call feature and it's under testing. With the improved Doorbell Video Call feature enabled on the Tapo app for your Tapo D230, you will receive a ringcall on your phone when someone presses the doorbell.

If you want to try this feature, send me (@Solla-topee) the MAC address of the Tapo D230.

Note: to receive a ringcall on your phone, please go to the doorbell's Device Settings>Doorbell>Doorbell Video Call page, ensure the Doorbell Video Call feature is enabled, and follow the instructions on the Allow Ringcall Permissions page to allow the necessary permissions.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
2023-06-05 12:34:23 - last edited 2024-01-17 10:28:57

Update on 23.09.11

Hi  @AlexLimpkin 
Currently, when the Doorbell Video Call feature is enabled on the Tapo app for the Tapo D230, you will receive a call that displays as Tapo Doorbell when someone presses your Tapo D230 and when you open the Tapo app.

If the Tapo app or the phone screen is closed, you will receive a notification that ringing is different from other notifications on your phone when someone presses your Tapo D230, and you can press it to go to the Tapo app to receive the video call.

We keep improving the product and features on it and we will try our best to deliver the best performance possible.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo D230S1 video camera issue.
2023-08-06 20:26:35 - last edited 2024-01-17 10:28:57

@AlexLimpkin 

Yep - exact same issue here on iPhone.

The Doorbell Video Call notification works when the app is open. As soon as you close the App, it stops working. Pointless. As you say, this is the most important feature as to why you buy a smart doorbell.

Notifications is one work around, but these seem to be sporadic and don't work all the time.

I'm trying to get advice from Tapo Technical Support, but so far I'm not getting anywhere.

Options
2024-01-11 23:32:41 - last edited 2024-01-17 10:28:57

@Solla-topee 

Any updates on when this will be fixed,? I've just purchased this doorbell and have the same issue.

No banner on Google pixel 6 when doorbell is pressed. 

Makes having a smart doorbell quite useless to be honest. 

Options
2024-01-13 08:22:16 - last edited 2024-01-17 10:28:57
Same here. Very annoying the way it works as it is at the moment.
Options
2024-01-15 08:06:13 - last edited 20 часов назад

Update on July 02, 2024.

Hi All,
Currently, we have improved the Doorbell Video Call feature and it's under testing. With the improved Doorbell Video Call feature enabled on the Tapo app for your Tapo D230, you will receive a ringcall on your phone when someone presses the doorbell.

If you want to try this feature, send me (@Solla-topee) the MAC address of the Tapo D230.

Note: to receive a ringcall on your phone, please go to the doorbell's Device Settings>Doorbell>Doorbell Video Call page, ensure the Doorbell Video Call feature is enabled, and follow the instructions on the Allow Ringcall Permissions page to allow the necessary permissions.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-16 09:35:04 - last edited 2024-01-17 10:28:57

@Solla-topee 

I don't think anyone is asking for a feature request, we are all asking for the app to work correctly. 

Thankyou for your reply, could you please speak to the developers and ask them directly for an update on this issue. 

The banner and ability to answer the doorbell should work all the time with or without the app being open. 

I know the app can do this as my wife's iPhone will activate the banner with the phone locked and screen off. You hear the door bell, pick up the phone, answer the doorbell. 

Follow on from the banner. What about rich notifications? I'm assuming from your previous messages, your expectations would be that these will only show when the app is open? If I have a chance I'll start the trial period and see if these show up when the phone is locked with screen off. 

Options
2024-01-17 11:01:14

@Fun-Wolfy 

Hi,
According to the information showing on the latest Tapo app>Doorbell Video Call feature page, you will receive a notification informing you when someone presses the doorbell and when the Tapo app is closed after enabling the Doorbell Video Call feature, so it's suggested to vote on the thread if you want to see the banner when Tapo app is closed, and I'll keep logging the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

Please feel free to test if you can see the banner on your phone when the Tapo app is closed, and post on the thread if there are any updates.

Rich notifications is a different feature, when it's enabled, the doorbell camera will send notifications with snapshots when it sees a person or an object.

Best Regards

Options
2024-05-05 18:37:35

@Solla-topee 

Just to see and answer the doorbell on my locked phone, I have to...

1) tap the notification 

2) Unlock phone

3) pick up the call

4) Un-mute myself 

This is so pointless. 

Why can't I answer and see the doorbell with a single tap on my phone? 

When someone presses the doorbell, 

I should get a notification where, with a single tap, I should be able to.. 

A) see and hear...

Or

B) see, hear and talk

Options
2024-05-08 10:58:43

@kunmun23 

Hi,
We have improved the Doorbell Video Call feature and it's under testing. You can send me(@Solla-topee) the MAC address of the Tapo D230 if you want to try the improved feature.
With the new Doorbell Video call feature, you can tap the banner on your phone to receive the call when someone presses the doorbell camera. 
Best Regards

Options
RE:Tapo D230S1 video camera issue.
Вчера
+1
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 710

Replies: 11

Voters 3