Intermittent internet dropouts on the TPLink AX-6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Intermittent internet dropouts on the TPLink AX-6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
68 Reply
Re:Intermittent internet dropouts on the TPLink AX-6000
2020-02-28 18:14:52

TP-Link Team,

Any update on the intermittent internet drop outs?  I have not expereinced it since I re-installed my AX6000, I was on my old Archer C5400 for a few days and decided to go back.  Please respond as soon as you can with an update, I also have a case in with support but have not been able to re-produce the issue just yet to get the logs over to the support team.

Thank you.

Options
2020-03-10 05:12:07

Hey guys. It's been a while and I honestly forgot that I had made this post. Thankyou so much for your replies and to the staff at TPLink for trying to help out. I managed to fix my issues by:

1. Disabling all antivirus settings.
  2. Disabling all parental controls.
  3. Resyncing the router time as it was off by a few hours.
  4. Turning on Smart Connect.

I am unsure which of these steps actually solved the issue, so I just listed all of them here.

My big concern now is in my IPV6 configuration. I just can't figure out why ICMP requests are being blocked on the router's side.

Options
2020-03-10 10:58:39
Thank you for the reply Nersinc, unfortunately even the beta firmware that TP-Link provided did not resolve my issue. Sadly, as much as I like the router it is being returned. Biggest plus is the 8 ethernet ports, can’t find another Wi-Fi 6 router with so many.. Glad it is kind of working for you other than IPv6 and your ICMP requests.
Options
2020-03-10 23:30:41

@Grigo20 I think you're better off with an independent Switch + Router + Access Point setup if you have that many devices... It frees up a lot of hassle.

Options
2020-04-03 05:10:48

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin,

I am having the same issue. I have about 35 light switches connected to my 2.4ghz network which I solely use for my smart home devices. It seems as though every 3-4 days, all switches will lose connection and my 2.4ghz connection shows 0 clients while my 5ghz connection remains OK. The only way to get them all to reconnect is to reset the router.

I would like to try this Beta version out before I return the router.

Options
2020-04-03 07:48:35

@callmemarsh 

Sure, you can try this beta firmware attached on my reply. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/175434?page=1

Besides, you can reduce the number of smart home switches connected to the 2.4GHz and take some time to test the performance and stability.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-04-08 08:16:59

So... It turns out my previous "solution" didn't work out. There was a new firmware update, which I thought would fix the contant disconnecting and latency spikes (even with QoS enabled), but it's twice as bad as it previously was. If anybody has a solution I'd be glad to hear it, but this router really feels like a lost cause ATM.

Options
2020-04-08 08:19:18

@callmemarsh Do you use Smart Connect? Or do you manually separate the networks?

Options
2020-05-23 02:42:18

@Kevin_Z 

How can I get this firmware?  My issue is very similar.

Don Wallom

Options
2020-05-31 22:10:06

@Nerdsinc same boat for me.  router loses wan connection a few times a day.  I have tried changing many settings but have not hit on anything stable.  Help!

Options