Parental control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Parental control
Parental control
2019-09-09 20:21:47
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

Setting parental control works good, the selected device is indeed cut of from WiFi after the set maximum allowed time. However, it is unclear to me how to disable the parental control when I want to allow the device to use WiFi again. Pressing the pause-icon of the profile gives the text ‘Internet paused’. Strange, while the use of internet was already paused. Pressing the play-icon gives the text ‘Succesful’. What is the succes? Is the parentel control activated succesfully so WiFi can’t be used anymore? Strange, while internet was already paused. In both situations, both in paused as well as while succesfull, no data was received on the selected device. Only after deleting the parental control profile, data was received by the device again.

So my question is: How should I use the pause and play icon within a parental control profile?

Thank for your structural reply and advise.

Kind regards, Herman

Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental control
2019-09-10 01:42:43

@Herman7 

For the internet pause feature, for your information, multiple devices can be added into the same profile, we can tap “pause” button and all the devices in this profile will have no access to the Internet.

When you enable it, all the devices belonging  to this profile won't be able to access internet anymore until you enable it; When you press the play icon, it shows success which means you have unpaused the internet, the devices can access internet normal but they are still limited by the time limits/bedtime settings.

Besides, below is an instruction to setup parental control which you may get some details from it.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1598/

Wish I make myself clear.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Parental control
2019-09-10 07:02:30

Thanks for your reply Kevin.

It sounds so simple yet it didn't seem to work yesterday evening. After creating the profile the internet stoped after the set time with the pause icon viseable, so it was in play-mode until that moment. That's the problem.

But I will test it once again this evening. I now know what the meaning and function of the buttons is so no doubt about that on my side anymore. And I now know that the profile is active as soon as I have created it until I hit the pause button. Correct?

I'll come back to you when I have tested it.

Kinds regards,

Herman

Options
Re:Re:Parental control
2019-09-11 02:35:21

@Herman7 

Once you created the profile, it will be activated and there will be a pause button which allows you to block the internet access for the selected profile; 

But if you did not tab on it, the devices under the profile will work and access internet as the limits you set.

You can do a test on your side, any updates, please let us know.

Best regards. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1249

Replies: 3

Related Articles