MR3020 set up as a Repeater not connecting to host network MR1100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-19 08:30:57
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello I am new to this group and would appreciate some technical help as I am not an IT person.

I have a MR3020 that I am trying to set up as a repeater to extand the range from my Netgear MR1100 mobile router.

I have been able to get it to work as a repeater on my home network ok.

I was just curious if there is any issues with setting these up with mobile routers.

Regards

Stu.

Options
2 Reply
Re:MR3020 set up as a Repeater not connecting to host network MR1100
2020-04-29 11:54:20

@Stupot1264 

Normally as long as your main router works fine and no settings to block devices, the MR3020 should be able to connect to the router wirelessly as a repeater.

If you failed to connect it to the mobile router, please double confirm if the WiFi password you have entered is correct or not, and if there is any advanced settings like mac filtering or access control etc. enabled on your mobile router 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:MR3020 set up as a Repeater not connecting to host network MR1100
2020-04-30 05:02:38

Hi Kevin,

Sorry I have not got back to you sooner I have only just come back in to the office and seen your email.

I was able to get it to bridge / repeater mode on my home network Ok but not on the MR1100.

So I t is something to do with the MR1100 settings.

I have also read that the newer version MR2100 will do this feature so I might have look at buying in the future.

Stu

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 775

Replies: 2

Related Articles