Archer C2300 - IPv6 Setup difficulties

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-15 14:08:40
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20200211 rel.67420(4555)

I'm having difficulty in entering my ISP's provided IPv6 configuration into my Archer C2300 router.

Essentially, whatever I try, the router responds with 'Invalid format' for the addresses, and I'm sort of at my wits end in how to get this working.

From my ISPs documentation:

If you’re using a third-party router with our service, you should be able to manually configure it with IPv6 (depending on the router model) by doing the following:

1. Navigate to WAN interface section of router web GUI
  2. Select dual stack option for WAN interface (IPv4/IPv6)
  3. For address/prefix source select DHCPv6 (not static option)
  4. Enable prefix delegation (PD)
  5. Select SLAAC for IPv6 address creation method

Now, they've provided me with a static IP address, and I've managed to pull some of the following information from their router, but try as I might, I cannot get the Archer to accept the inputs.

LLA - fe80::4613:d0ff:fee4:cc53
GUA - ::
Prefix - 2a01:4b00:821e:6c00::/56
DNS - ::/::/::
IPv6 Gateway - fe80::36b3:54ff:fe1f:109b

So, can anyone please shed some light on what the settings are that I need to be plugging into the router?  Surely, this shouldn't be that difficult.

Thanks,

Mark

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 - IPv6 Setup difficulties
2020-06-16 03:28:57

@M.E. 

Hello, have you looked at this FAQ to get connected to your ISP's IPv6 server?

How to set up an IPv6 Internet connection on the Wi-Fi Routers

When you try to put in the address provided by your ISP and it reports an error, can you share us the error screenshot?

Thanks in advance.

Options
2020-06-16 06:24:24

@Solla-topee 

Yes, I've read the FAQ, and frankly that gives zero information in relation to the issue I'm experiencing and as I outlined in my original post.

The error given by the router gives zero explanation as to how to correct the issue, and the FAQ (or the full user manual, which I had to go to a non TP Link site to find) gives no insight either.

Options
2020-06-16 09:26:37

@M.E. 

Hello, please kindly tell us who is your ISP and what kind of IPv6 connection type they provides, out seniors will contact you via email then.

Thanks.

Options
2020-06-16 09:37:51
My ISP is Hyperoptic - they provide a 1Gbs direct fibre connection to the home. I have a static IPv4 address provisioned by them, and it appears a static v6 address also since the address given above is the address they have provided to me. The information they have in their documentation (that I posted in my original post) appears to be for their standard DHCP offering - which doesn't appear to work in my case. If I set up the router as per those instructions, it seems to register the DHCP gateway address, but nothing else.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1378

Replies: 4

Related Articles