Cannot Ping Devices connected to powerline when RE200 is on the powerline network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot Ping Devices connected to powerline when RE200 is on the powerline network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-07 00:42:45 - last edited 2020-08-07 02:46:12
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0074.0 Build 170504 Rel.68210n

Hello TP-Link Community.

I am a proud owner of TP-Link Products and things are going well regarding everything except with something regarding this configuration. When the RE200 is connected to the network, Devices connected to the VR600 wireless cannot ping any other devices connected to the Powerline Adaptor. For Example Smartphones 1 / 2 cannot ping Desktop PC / WebOS TVs and vice versa. However Deskop PC can ping WebOS TVs without any problem as well as the RE200 and its wirelessly connected devcies. If Smartphone 1 / 2 is connected to RE200 wirelessly, all the WebOS and other devices can be pinged.

If I removed the RE200 and rebooted the VR600. All the devices connected can ping each other, but as soon as the RE200 is connected, it is just a matter of minutues and the previous problem begins to occur. Is the problem from the VR600 or the switches? I replaced both TL-PA powerlines adaptors with a very long LAN cable just for testing and the problem is still existant. (Elminating TL-WPA from the network)

Your help is much appreciated

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot Ping Devices connected to powerline when RE200 is on the powerline network
2020-08-13 05:50:14
Good day. Sorry that your case is quite complicated and the related support would get in touch later~ Thank you very much.
Options
Re:Cannot Ping Devices connected to powerline when RE200 is on the powerline network
2020-08-16 21:06:06

No one got in touch with me so far to troubleshoot the problem.

Anyway, I minimized the numer of devices. By connecting the RE200 as an access point to the VR600 LAN 2 port and a regular PC to LAN 1 port. Another 2 devcies are connected. One to the Wireless VR600 directly and one to the RE200. No powerline adapters are connected here. The PC and any devices connecte to the RE200 can ping each other. However any device connected to the VR600 wireless directly cannot ping either the PC at LAN 1 or any devices connected to the RE200 (which is connected to LAN 2). It is like both LAN and WLAN are seperated on the connection of the RE200 as an Acess Point. I tried the same exact configuration with LinkSYS WRT1900ACSv2 as a router and this never happens.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 834

Replies: 2

Related Articles