TP-Link TL-WPA4220/router conflict

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-03 07:15:13
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: V4

Hi, I have an issue that has come to light when I had a power outage. I lost my Internet connection, although router was powered up it failed to connect to the Internet. A visit from the provider discovered that one of my TP-Link TL-WPA4220 (I have an add on one also) was causing the problem. 

What he described was that once the electricity was restored one of them was creating/has an ip address and is booting up before my router, a UbiQuiTi air cube, this was overriding the air cubes connection to the Internet and trying to make the connection itself, hence no Internet. 

I asked if simply removing the powerline extenders momentarily until the router establish a connection would allow the router to work properly again and then connect the powerline. He said it should but unfortunately does not resolve the problem, told me I need to establish a "bridge" in the powerline extenders to stop them generating their own ip address to allow the router to connect automatically if the issue happens again, which it will as we often have power cuts if even only for a few minutes. 

I don't have a great knowledge on this subject though confident to make changes if guided (and use the rest button if need be) I cannot access the air cube settings as the provider does not allow customers access so the only changes I can make are to my equipment connected. 

The provider tells me that the TP-Link TL-WPA4220 powerline adapters are compatible with their system and that I just don't have them correctly set up or have something connected that is generating an ip address, the only items connected in my setup are the powerline adapters and teckin smart plugs to control lights. 

The air cube does not have a wps button so set up has been done manually following the powerline instructions. 

Any help with this would be appreciated 

Thanks in advance. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-WPA4220/router conflict
2020-09-23 11:00:13

@Blade929 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Later I would send you a beta firmware and please try to update the firmware;

Then set up the static IP address on the TL-WPA420(The IP address should be in the same IP range as the home router.)

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 947

Replies: 1

Related Articles