Deco M4 crash SkyQ platinum

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-10 18:42:09
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest 2020

I've brought Deco M4, created my home network WiFi (as router) and linked my Sky Q platinum. Everything works fine just for few minutes and then the Sky Q fan start round very fast and then the TV say message like resolution not supported and Sky device bevande unresponsive and freez. I only can reboot the decoder. Why this happen!? Then I've reconnect the decoder to my modem WiFi and everything start working again. Have you any idea for this strange issue? Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 crash SkyQ platinum
2020-11-12 05:53:57

@DanielFromItaly 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community. Could you please check some basic info, and we will try to figure it out?
1. Ensure the Deco M4 firmware is up-to-date, which should be 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289. If not, update the firmware first on the Deco app.
2. Ensure the Deco app is the latest as well.
3. Please confirm the current network topology/layout, how many Deco M4 do you have and how are they connected? How are the Sky Q platinum and TV connected to the Deco network. BTW, is the Deco M4 working as a router or an access point?
4. Is the Sky Q platinum supporting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless? If they only support 2.4GHz, you may try to disable 5GHz on the Deco system and confirm again.
5. How about other devices in your network, are they still working fine when connected to the Deco network?
6. Try to connect the Sky Q platinum to the Deco M4 units with Ethernet cables and confirm is they can connect and work fine.

Options
Re:Deco M4 crash SkyQ platinum
2020-11-12 09:30:55

@TP-Link_Deco 

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@DanielFromItaly 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community. Could you please check some basic info, and we will try to figure it out?
1. Ensure the Deco M4 firmware is up-to-date, which should be 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289. If not, update the firmware first on the Deco app.
2. Ensure the Deco app is the latest as well.
3. Please confirm the current network topology/layout, how many Deco M4 do you have and how are they connected? How are the Sky Q platinum and TV connected to the Deco network. BTW, is the Deco M4 working as a router or an access point?
4. Is the Sky Q platinum supporting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless? If they only support 2.4GHz, you may try to disable 5GHz on the Deco system and confirm again.
5. How about other devices in your network, are they still working fine when connected to the Deco network?
6. Try to connect the Sky Q platinum to the Deco M4 units with Ethernet cables and confirm is they can connect and work fine.

Try to responde to your question step by step:

1 firmware update the same day I've receive the device (2 days ago)

2 idem the app

3 Deco as router, linked by Ethernet to my modem Wind3 Hub. Sky Q connected by WiFi. I've 3 Deco repeater, one for each floor of my house.

4 sky Q not supporting 5ghz WiFi but I don't won't switch off this protocol.

5 every other device works fine

6 too distance between sky Q and Deco device, I can't connect it with cable. Can I try just for a test but this isn't optimal solution

I think the problem is on the Sky Q device but the support can be done only by you!

Thanks for support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 362

Replies: 2

Related Articles