Archer C6 AC1200 DHCP issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-12 20:58:16 - last edited 2020-11-12 20:59:26
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

I connect to router via wifi with Samsung A51 in the evening. Everything is working fine. After leaving home, and coming back, on the next evening phone gives "Couldn't get IP address", and I cant use Wi-Fi without restarting router.

How this can be solved?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer C6 AC1200 DHCP issue
2020-11-13 07:14:28

@2Albert 

Hi, does this issue happen every time you leave home and get back? When it shows "Couldn't get IP address" on the Samsung A51, is it still showing connected to the C6 network? Is it connected to the 5GHz or 2.4GHz?

Try to change the 2.4GHz wireless channel on the C6 from 1 to 11 and then check again on your Samsung A51 phone (If it is connected to the 2.4GHz). Try different 5GHz channels if it is connected to the 5GHz.

For Wireless Security try "WPA/WPA2 - Personal", Version: Auto, Encryption: Auto.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-13 21:09:06

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi, does this issue happen every time you leave home and get back? When it shows "Couldn't get IP address" on the Samsung A51, is it still showing connected to the C6 network? Is it connected to the 5GHz or 2.4GHz?

This happens every evening, yes.

Samsung A51 gives "Couldn't get IP address" message for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

I cant say for sure, but I believe that phone disconects as soon as it gets the message and stops trying auto recconect.

Kevin_Z wrote

Try to change the 2.4GHz wireless channel on the C6 from 1 to 11 and then check again on your Samsung A51 phone (If it is connected to the 2.4GHz). Try different 5GHz channels if it is connected to the 5GHz.

For Wireless Security try "WPA/WPA2 - Personal", Version: Auto, Encryption: Auto.

Unfortunately nothing of this helped. After rebooting everything works

Options
2020-11-16 02:05:24

@2Albert 

Thank you very much for the detailed info.

Does this Samsung A51 connect to other wireless network automatically when it leaves the network? Please kindly help test this and ensure it is running the latest Android version, show us the screenshot of this, thanks.

We will also follow this case up via email, please check your email box and respond, good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-16 02:28:58

@2Albert Have you tried to seeing if using an address reservation works? If it does then it could be isolated to the router releasing the IP and your device not getting a new one.

I would try to set the lease time to 28800 which is 8 hours. I might also try disabling IPv6 to see if that helps.

Options
2020-11-17 18:04:58

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

@2Albert 

Thank you very much for the detailed info.

Does this Samsung A51 connect to other wireless network automatically when it leaves the network? Please kindly help test this and ensure it is running the latest Android version, show us the screenshot of this, thanks.

We will also follow this case up via email, please check your email box and respond, good day.

Yes A51 connects to other wireless network during the day.

Screen from phone attached.

I checked my email - found info about deligating the question to senior engineer. I responded to that.

What should be my next moves?

File:
Screenshot_20201117-195206_Software+update.jpgDownload
Options
2020-11-17 18:25:26

systems-link wrote

@2Albert Have you tried to seeing if using an address reservation works? If it does then it could be isolated to the router releasing the IP and your device not getting a new one.

@systems-link 

Adress reservation is active for Samsung A51, it has fixed LAN IP. I will try without reservation and come back with feedback on this

systems-link wrote

I would try to set the lease time to 28800 which is 8 hours. I might also try disabling IPv6 to see if that helps.

It was at max 2880, then I tried min of 2. Still was the same issue. However, as I mentioned adress reservation was enabled for this device.

Options
2020-11-18 07:10:41

@2Albert 

Hello, thanks a lot for your cooperation, we have escalated your case to the engineers, they will continue to follow it up, please check and respond. good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1087

Replies: 7

Related Articles