default username for TL-WPA4220(EU)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-20 08:18:23
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 20190326

I have this device up and running.  I have also changed the default password.  This gives me full access through the web interface from the tplc windows program when i click the little globe symbol which pops up a web page where i enter my password.  Everything fine.

However,  if i click the little cogwheel above the globe for settings or advanced settings, then it asks me for a username and password.

I have no idea what the username is.  I never had to set one and i don't need to enter one to access the web interface through the globe symbol.  I have poured over the instruction manuals.  admin/admin as described in the user manual doesn't work.  Even after factory reset!

If i have full access to the web interface, shouldn't I be able to change or at least see the list of users/usernames that have access to the device?  I see nothing related to users in the administration section of the web interface.  Only the option to change the password. It's bugging the crap out of me because i feel like this leaves a potential back door open where i have not been able to change or disable a set of default login credentials.  Please help.

Regards

Schwizer

Options
1 Reply
Re:default username for TL-WPA4220(EU)
2020-12-24 06:48:08

@Schwizer1 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

Could you please help me check the following details:

1. the username and password are only required when click the 2nd little button, right, not required for the 1st basic button or the global icon?

2. if you try to log into the web interface via http://tplinkplc.net , will it ask you to create the username and password this time?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1292

Replies: 1

Related Articles