devices connected twice?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

devices connected twice?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
devices connected twice?
devices connected twice?
2021-01-10 12:38:57 - last edited 2021-01-10 12:43:25
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 75286

Addition to the model: I have 2 extra Deco M5, with fw. 1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804

The main Deco is connected wired behind the modem. I also wired the Deco M9 in the living room this morning, to notice that the modem has some extra devices connected. Those seem to be the Google Home Mini and 2 ESP_-devices. Figured out that these 2 devices are a switch and a smart lamp. Weird thing tough is that they also are connected to the Deco and have a regular 10.0.0.x-ip-address. Yesterday, before I wired the 2nd Deco M9, there was only 1 device connected to the router of the modem (except for the settopbox). Wireless on the modem is disabled and it's not close by the switch and lamp. Why do these devices (and the Google home mini) show up as devices connected to the modem?

Update: after entering this post I checked again to see that more devices are connected to the modem and have also a 192.168-ip-address. It looks like that every device connected to the 2nd Deco gets an extra ip.

Checked a connected laptop, but ipconfig shows only the give Deco-ip.

Options
2 Reply
Re:devices connected twice?
2021-01-11 08:58:01

@DikkieDick 

Hi, thank you very much for your patience.

For your case, could you please draw a detailed network map/topology of the whole network system from the ISP modem to the end clients?

And what is the working mode on the Deco units?

Did you try to say that the Device connected wirelessly to the Deco showed up two IP addresses, one from Deco, the other from the old Wi-Fi modem?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:devices connected twice?
2021-01-12 15:24:59

@TP-Link Hi, well, it was a Deco which I had connected wired. But due to some other problems I have now put it wireless again. Now there are at least a bunch less devices showing up.

Hopefully my drawing is a bit clear. Main Deco M9+ is on the 2nd floor in the study. The M5's have been added last weekend. 

I also encounter issues when attaching cables in Deco's. Most of the time they don't click and are loose. So the Deco M9+ at the ground floor I wired last weekend but it was constantly causing troubles so I had to put it wireless again. Yesterday I put a cable in it to connect the tv and that went fine, to find out now that it was loosened and not clicking in anymore.

Options