Lower ping time in AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lower ping time in AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Lower ping time in AX50
Lower ping time in AX50
2021-03-07 19:15:19
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

Hello,

I have this router and I like it alot.

My setup is a cable modem in bridge mode connected to the router.

The only issue I have is that ping time using speedtest is consistently lower now by ~x3.

Used to be 8ms now 24ms.

This is very consistent if I switch my setup with or w/o the AX50.

I tried turning off all the cool features such as antivirus and home care but it doesn't help.

Please advise,

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Lower ping time in AX50
2021-03-08 09:56:13

@NirD 

How did you perform the ping test? Did you ping the gateway of the AX50, or ping the outside network?

Is the computer connected to the AX50 5G network or 2.4G? What if you connect it to the AX50 via Ethernet cable? How about this ping result if you connect the computer directly to the cable modem, is it normal?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-08 10:31:19

@Kevin_Z 

The ping was to an outside network using the tool speedtest.

The PC performing the ping is a wired desktop.

I verfifed that the test is performed to the same speedtest remote server.

When i connect the PC directly to the cable modem i get ~8ms ping (the server is in israel). when i coonect the PC to the AX50 which is connected to the cable modem(configured to bridge mode) i get ~24ms.

The bandwitdh test by the way is the same, hinting for latency in connection time.

Thanks 

Options
2021-03-09 07:06:36

@NirD 

What if you try the MAC clone on the AX50? You can also try to change the WAN DNS server on the AX50 to something else, such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then monitor again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-09 07:15:25

@Kevin_Z 

Currently the cloned mac is my PC.

Should i try to insert the cable modem mac manullay in "use custom MAC address"?

if the answer is yes - which mac should i use, i have in my box 3 addresses:

1.LAN MAC

2.WAN MAC  

3.cable modem MAC

I tried with the 8.8.8.8 DNS i got the same results (even a bit worse).

Thanks,

Nir

Options
2021-03-10 06:54:36

@NirD 

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, what I meant was clone the wired PC's MAC to the AX50, as you mentioned the ping is normal when the wired PC is connected to the cable modem directly, we can have a try.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 880

Replies: 5

Related Articles